xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Mobile Os

Which is the most advanced/ best mobile operating system currently available?There are so many mobile phone operating systems currently available in the market. But not all of them are quite good. Some of them exceeds expectation, some of them are OK and some of them are bad... believe me... very bad. What do you think is the best mobile operating system according to you. It would be great if you could point out the advantages and disadvantages from your experience. I have been using the iPhone for the past 3-4 months and was using Symbian before that. I am sure you will know what my answer would be. iPhone OS exceeds expectations than many other mobile OS. The competition comes down to windows mobile and Iphone in many cases. There are also other OS's namely from Palm, O2 etc. Here are some of the advantages of the iPhone OS.1. Its very advanced. Its very intuitive.2. Very comfortable for installing multiple applications.3. Supports 3g, 2g, GPS, GPRS and more4. Very stable and secure5. Supports 3rd party applications6. SDK with rich set of API's than any other OS.

my mobile phone is running on symbian [s60 phone], and i have yet to experience any other mobile OS. that being the case, i can't make a comparison with others. however, as for the advantages you've mentioned, i can say symbian has the same advantages, at least from a user-POV [point of view]. for a developer-POV, i have nothing to say. :)

i have to confess that i've not been around the T17 forums so much these past few weeks because i've been toying again with my mobile phone. :P i've been visiting wap communities to check updates on applications for my S60 unit, and i got lost in them and failed to check back on Xisto for a while. :D i've been planning also on redoing my sites for mobile compatibility, and i may plunge into it this task in the next few weeks.

i digress, but to get back on topic, has anyone tried android yet? as many would know already, google is behind this so it may trump iphone OS in the near future. at least i have hopes android could transcend the mobile world, and not stay there, and be ported to be of use in UMPCs and netbooks too. HP is thinking about this already, from what i've read recently [from my mobile phone, while browsing the world wide web :D]. cross your fingers, maybe it will bloom further and make the jump from mobile-to-netbooks-to-laptops-to-desktops-to-servers. THEN windows will close down their curtains. :D

can we imagine iphone OS making that transition as well? while we're on iphone, has it got built-in flash support already? can't find a mobile browser to run on symbian S60 with flash support, from my long walks in the digital superhighway [i found one, skyfire, but it's for higher versions of symbian, and alas my unit is not supported]. wish the gap between the regular apps and the mobile apps we come to experience the web will close soon enough. of course, the mobile OS should support those apps. iphone, symbian, windows mobile, android... push the envelope of development further. hehehe? i'd bet big on android. ;P

My mobile phone is running on Windows Mobile. For the pros, being an window user, navigating around the phone is rather simple as it is almost the same.As for the cons, the lag. It is kinda of slow in responding. As, windows being windows, the threat of a virus is very real. So much so that I am quite afraid to surf the internet with my mobile phone.