xisto Community
berryblitz

Should A 2 1/2 Yr Old Start Schooling? Prep-Nursery Level

Personally I believe we all should goto school younger and get out when we are done schooling, not as a set point in our lives. I believe the entire education system needs to be reformed though, because theres no reason why a kid should have to sit there and learn the same material for 3 days straight because x amount of members in the class didn't grasp the material on day 1.The only reason for "school" is public interaction and social skills, I can gaurentee that for most kids they would not only learn more, but also learn quicker if homeschooled by a parent or close friend.

Children aged three and above need to be carefully taught in order to enhance terr skill, which will later help them when the join school This is the reason why pre-school programs are gradually growing as an essential part of a child's education. Montessori schools have trained professionals who know how to tap into a child's mentality and bring out the best in him/her. If you ever wondered about the benefits of a preschool program, here are some essential reasons to help you decide. more details visit littlemillennium.com

Personally I believe we all should goto school younger and get out when we are done schooling, not as a set point in our lives. I believe the entire education system needs to be reformed though, because theres no reason why a kid should have to sit there and learn the same material for 3 days straight because x amount of members in the class didn't grasp the material on day 1.
The only reason for "school" is public interaction and social skills, I can gaurentee that for most kids they would not only learn more, but also learn quicker if homeschooled by a parent or close friend.

I agree! We could just as easily have classes that you go from one to the next in and as you gain the knowledge needed to pass the "advancement exam" for the class you get to move on to the next. The whole standardization of our educational system really holds people back. Especially when everyone gets stalled because someone flat out doesn't WANT to learn.

Oh absolutly no way should you stick a 2 1/2 year old in any type of public or government run school. Unless you want your children educated in the mindless fashion of a flock of sheep. Public schools cannot be every thing to every one. There are far too many mind sets and things some parents do not want their children exposed to that could not be avoided in a public type education system. At that age a parent should be responsible for what they child is exposed to and not what some mindless beauracrat thinks is good for the childs development. Yes, children can learn at this age, no doubt about that. But what are they going to learn? And sure it's good to be around other children, to learn social skills, but you can do that at a playground or in your neighborhood with other children from like minded parents. Many of a childs life long ingrained habits are learned at a very young age. This is NOT the time to trust the education of your children to others who may or may not hold the same beliefs dear as you do.

well I went to primary school at 4 years, but some parents send their kids to nursery at what ever time but us kids went to a charity called Home Start which looks after kids and lets them play but that may be just because my aunt worked there, I went to Nursery when I was about 3 or so, so I guess it just depends on the schooling system in your country, I guess its just a parents choose what age their kids should start school, but If I was you I would try to get the kid acceptable to being in a nursery first,