xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chaos3932

First Practical Flying Car! (no Seriously) The thing works and you could actually afford it maybe

I read a interesting article on aol news while checking my email. Apparently you can reserve your flying car today in advance! The flying car was made by Woburn, Mass.-based Terrafugia. The thing freakin looks awesome! I hope im rich enough to buy one myself in the future lol XD. you would probably need both a drivers license and a pilot's license ROFL :D

Check it out!

http://www.aol.com/news/

Wow that pretty sweet but I don't think we'll be seeing them on the average joe's driveway for a long time. I really don't see the point because anyone with the money to buy one of them has enough money to buy a private jet and a really nice sports car. But still its awesome to see that they're still moving towards the furture of the car.

True, I was thinking the insurance premiums would be a bit murderous. Not to mention you would not only need a drivers license but a pilot's license as well. It would probably cause issues with air traffic laws. I would hate to wreck a 130 thousand $ vehicle as well... XD

Edited by chaos3932 (see edit history)

Well thats kinda cool and scary at the same time. lol I dont know if I would want to own one or ride in one though. Could you imagine. It would be just weird fly to the store or work. How will they prevent crashes its not like they can hover stop signs or traffic lights. lmao Its definately something I never thought I would see in my lifetime. Thanks for the interesting article.

I don't think too many people will be able to drive them anyway.It's very difficult to get a pilots license.I mean,if an accident happens on the road,it stays a road accident so to speak.Up in the air, I think it could be much more dangerouswith the falling debris and such.Much more unpredictable.And how practical is it to use as a road vehicle/flying carwhen it needs 1700 feet to take off?There are also no rules of the road yetfor a flying car to land.I'd say right now this flying car is more of a gimmick.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

I had to do a report in my technology class a couple of semesters ago. They actually have many plans in place to reduce the 'air clogs' due to flying cars. there are also many specifications these cars must meet like how loud they are for instance. There are many active companies trying to get the flying car market going right now. I just wouldnt want to be the air traffic controller when it comes to be like the Jetsons :D

I had to do a report in my technology class a couple of semesters ago. They actually have many plans in place to reduce the 'air clogs' due to flying cars. there are also many specifications these cars must meet like how loud they are for instance. There are many active companies trying to get the flying car market going right now. I just wouldnt want to be the air traffic controller when it comes to be like the Jetsons :D

Well hopefully with technology being as advanced as it is today. We could use computers to help reduce the work load for air traffic controllers. It might be "more" practicle a decade from now or more... Often with new advances like this especially with our economy being under duress... Prices are inflated and its hard to make things economical for the middleclass, and lower. I doubt it would ever be something acheivable for people less fortunate... But at least the middle class could get a hold on this nifty new trend of transportation.

Interesting news, very soon we will be flying one of those for work! he he he.Now seriously, if technology developes as other things needed for the change to take effect in our real lifes, we will for certain, pretty soon, fly one of those cars, but in the meantime, as long as oil exists on our soil, the big shots will never let this cars fly for the common foks, i am sure of that.

Wow! That's really cool. Unfortunately, I'm sure no one will buy them. It's cool that it could fit in my car though! There have actually been several flying cars before; however, they weren't marketed to the public.

This flying car looks sort of cool, but I don't think flying cars will ever be a major thing. There's really no point to owning one. Also, the fact that you need a pilot license reduces its usefulness even more. Chances are, flying cars will be even less successful than the Segway.

This is fantastic news to my ear, But what will burn my ears is the price of the Car! But like every thing it will go down in price.