xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chaos3932

Computers Totally Sumberged In Oil Mineral Oil Cooling

This is AMAZING. As soon as I get enough money to get my new comp, ill try old hardware as it says. Then I'll use my new parts and test. I wonder if Water+Coolant Submersion is better?

But to me I would think Electricity Plus Oil = Major Fire Hazard? Is it just me or does anyone else see this happening?

For a fire to start, you need temperature, fuel and oxygen. Since the board is submerged in oil, you don't have enough oxygen to start a fire and so you've got nothing to worry about. If you had water instead of oil, I'd worry about a short circuit and a fire especially if the water contained impurities (it usually does, unless it is distilled). The oil does tend to get hard over time, so you can expect frequent oil changes if the temperature gets too high, or you might need to use engine oil or something similar.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy