xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aloKNsh

Speed Up Utorrent How to speed up uTorrent?

Speed up uTorrent... I've always tried these things and they never did what they were suposed to. So, I left it how it is and about port forwarding, yeah someone can hack you by these ports and your router forwards them. The only ports I forward is MTA San Andreas's ones and still my server doesn't appear on the list. Weird.

These days it's better for a lot of people to simply find what they need from other sources instead of simply depending on torrents for everything. They're useful only to people with a good internet connection and since people from developing countries dont have these file-sharing sites are a good place to look for what they need.

If you wish, you can also patch your TCPIP.sys file with LvlLord's TCPIP.sys Event ID 4226 patch. This will open up the ability for XP to make more half-open outbound connections... which Service Pack 2 addressed by crippling this capability to reduce the propogation of the spreading of malware to other machines should it happen to that host machine. (The problem with that logic is that it cripples everything else that rely on the capability of sending outbound data.) Increase the value of uTorrent's net.max.halfopen attribute under the Advanced tab as necessary, but remember not to set it too high less you chance crippling your Internet again.

Some Chinese computer users wrote a similar patch called TCP-Z, which its Virtual Drive function can do the same thing of the Event ID 4226 patch without modifying tcpip.sys, and can be activated automatically since boot into windows.

WOW. port forwarding actually helped for once!Speed Up Utorrent

On my new computer, I'm downloading computer games... Anywhere from 2GB to 9GB... And I've spend the last 5 days DL'ing them with a max speed of 27kb/s. As soon as (literally, seconds after) I forward the port I hit 88kb/s and it's still climbing. I've forwarded a bunch of ports in my time... But for DL'ing with uTorrent there's a huge noticeable difference. Granted I'll remove the ports from the opened list when I'm done... But at this rate I'll have everything DL'ed in a few hours.  THANKS!

-reply by Greg

When you think of torrent, you think if illegal stuff. Well torrent is not illegal. What illegal is people uploading copyright materials like movies or paid games. The reason why people choose torrent is because it can hold lots of files (more than 1GB for sure) and you can just download straight off there. That why torrent is all covered with illegal stuff.