xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Halo Wars New Halo-based RTS

We're right around the corner from Halo Wars' release, Ensemble's RTS take on Bungie's Halo universe. I thought the idea was intriguing at first, so I eagerly downloaded the demo when it was put up on the Xbox Live Marketplace.However, I was not impressed in the least. Bare in mind, I'm not the best RTS player, but I still enjoy them from time to time, but I could not get into this demo. I also still had trouble maneuvering around an RTS interface using a controller rather than mouse and keyboard.The cut scenes are nice though, I'll give it that. :D

Sounds like you've played RTS games on the PC before. I agree that its difficult to make the transition from PC to Console for this genre. This game trys really really bad. I say if you have your system modded, get it it won't hurt, if not rent it or wait to find a used copy or cheaper price.*Update This game rocks. I really think its worth $40. If you can find it for that or cheaper, get and play on live with your friends. Its really fun. See you online.

Edited by eddyruiz (see edit history)

I love RTS games and I played the demo and I beat it every way possible. I deeply enjoyed it. I love the RTS style, the base and moving your units and whatnot. Ill admit its a bit different from clicks and making a square to select your units. But I think its ease I would like to buy the game after the demo. And it looks like it has a good story line.

-reply by str8killer