xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Windows 7 To Kill Off Quicktime On Pcs?

Finally, you think they would done it it years ago with with Windows Media Player or at least Vista, but it seems that Windows 7 will set up Media Player to play .mov videos. Of course, if you been a computer user for ever only one piece of software could .mov and that was Quicktime (waits for the grumbling and moans). Ug every time I wanted to watch a movie trailer back in the day you needed Quicktime to watch it and of course the worse thing about it is that you oculd never remove the taskbar icon unless you uninstalled it. Let's not forget the pop ups and updates and what not and so this is like the first smart thing Microsoft has done so far :D

SOURCE

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Apple. there I said it :D And Yippy on that great news. I know that some people will be very happy with this. Finally Microsoft has done something right for once.

really a great move from Microsoft, because the codecs you usually needed for audio/video files there in packs, but it still was a bit annoying to not being able to play some files, even though I think it won't play all the files, but making us to not use Quick Time or as I use Quick Time Alternative is great. :D

Well it would actually be a good move on Microsofts part because right now you almost have to have quick time for movie files or w/e you happen to be watching that Quick time can run the file extension for. This means one less application you have to install when you download iTunes.