xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixinno

Halo Vs. Call Of Duty The Ultimate First Person Shooters Go Head to Head

Halo vs. Call of Duty  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Halo and Call of Duty are both amazing games. With over a millions copies of each sold both geames are extrmeely popular. Each provides a completely unique gaming experience. Nevertheless one still has to be better than the other. They both have pros and cons. However possible categories for comparison are : Campaign Gameplay, Online Multiplayer, Game Modes, Customization and Personalisation and A fun factor.To avoid confusion I assume it would be sensible to compare both the lates releases (Halo 3 & COD5). Unfortuantely I am not in a position as I do not own either.If I was to give you the scenario,of only being able to purchase one game, what would it be?I have played Halo and am amazed by the extent of its online mode. There are countless maps with new ones being released and several different maps with vehicles and weapons. Forge & Custom games also allows the use of your creative side.COD5 ,eets a whole new standard for gameplay with also an excellent online mode(quite similar to COD4 though). Realistic gameplay and a very good campaign.Despite all I am not able to arrive at a conclusion. Perhaps someone else will be able to help.Cheers!

Edited by phoenixinno (see edit history)

Call of duty world at war is way better than Halo 3, Halo 3 is old now and More people play Call of duty 5 and the zombies is the most fun! Dude kinda a silly question on Xbox 360 Call Of duty 5 is the most played since it came out! :D

Call of Duty is better then Halo in my opinion. I've played both Halo and CoD, but I like the gameplay of CoD much better then Halo. I've played CoD on Xbox, it's good but I can never kill anything when playing it on the Xbox...the Xbox controller I mean...OMG!! :D

Call of duty and halo are my best and favorite first person shooter action games, i just can not have enough of each one despite how much time i spend in each one.I just can not decide which one is better, that would be ridiculous because despite beeing the 2 games in sort of the same game genre nd type, halo is a litle bit different, it is on space and the multiplayer is also in space except some maps but you understand what i mean i suppose.Call of dutty is more like an earth game, killing germans/nazis and and stuff in batle fields, it is part of our history, halo game does not have anything to do with our history as humans.So, your question does not apply and does not have the proper logic, if you would comparing call of duty with a similar game like allied assault, then i would choose call of duty allthough allied assault has great maps and graphics and everything to be fair, and i also have been playing both since they first came out to the public.Between call of duty 4 and call of duty 5, i prefer the cod4 modern warfare, it is way better, and i tryly liked the cod2, but even the cod1 was awesome too.

I voted for COD5. I think its more of a COD4 mod. COD4 is better in some ways, but COD5 is fresh and more people seem to be playing it. I do get on COD4 from time to time and find that people are still playing that. Games start up right away. If you can only have one from the three I would go with COD4, since its older you'll find it cheaper and save some money up for COD6 in the fall.

I think Call of Duty: World at War is the more superior one. Halo 3 is unplayed. I find that Halo is too.. flexible. You see people jumping around too much.. I don't know. I just find Halo 3 is .. odd. While Call of Duty: World at War presents a good environment for the CoD4 veteran..

COD is (in mi opinion) the best fps out there... i mean how many sci-fi games are there where an alien race is trying to destroy humanity (how original) COD games focus on and honor WW2 and remember those who died during the great campaign to rid the world of tyranny (beat that halo) plus COD never had terrible games... halo on the other hand (ahem...ODST)

The fight between which is better has been going on for a long time,

after my experiences I have to say, "Who Cares."

Halo offers a great First-Person-Shooter experience, however

can be found immature at times.

Call of Duty however, is incomparable to Halo. The graphics are amazing,

as with the constantly updating maps.

I am not trying to offend anyone, however the Halo appears to be

an immature game, usually played from ages 8-14. Call of Duty

can offer extensive gameplay and a great campaign, on the downside

most children aren't allowed to play it. The average age for a COD

player can range from 10-30. Sometimes even 40, as the COD versions

increase, so do the waiting fans.

So my final decision.

Call of Duty is better.

Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 - Release November 8th

cod4 <3, I've never liked halo but that might be because i have never liked xbox very much at all, who playes fps games on a console >.<

Who plays FPS games on a console? Hey buddy, jus cuz u dont own a console, dont assume everybody else doesnt either.

You know, I'm going to have to go with Call of Duty overall. The two main facets that all FPS games have are the campaign and the multiplayer online. While both -are- rather fun, I would have to stick to my guns (See what I did there) and say Call of Duty. The gameplay in Call of Duty is phenomenal when it comes to both Campaign and Multiplayer. But it's the Mulitplayer mode in Call of Duty which put it over the top. The problem I have with Halo multiplayer is due to the overshield. You can unload 2 clips of the Assault Rifle into someone and it only removed their overshield. It was because of that, that I basically stopped playing Halo multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, I still bought Halo for the campaign, but that's about where the fun ends with me to be honest.

I would much rather play COD5 than Halo Reach and Halo 3. It all depends on what kind of games you like to play. COD has realistic gameplay and nothing that is fake. Halo is pretty much all fake, the aliens, the weapons, the people. Some people crave games like Halo and I can see why. It has custom levels and drivable vehicles and takes place in a very interesting enviroment. So it all depends on what games you like to play.