xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

i like firefox the most and i have tried them all. but for some reason ie is faster when i use gmail. i have no idea why but firefox takes ages and the pages don't load. i also don't like the way firefox handles downloads as there isn't a dialog box like in ie. but firefox is better i think as pages render very quickly and it has cool skins. the only other browser which is as good as firefox is opera. It can display wml pages which is useful for me because i own a wml site. (wml is like html but for mobile phone browsers) but unfortunatley opera is not free and it gives you a banner ad at the top until you pay so firefox wins. And i hope that all the good browsers aren't very popular- then people will make viruses. I don't mind who else has firefox or if nobody does.... just as long as i have it then i dont mind :P even if my signature shows otherwise :)

45358[/snapback]

Firefox for me, definitely. For a while, I had no idea any browser existed other than IE, but then I discovered Netscape, Opera, etc. They were okay, but about a year ago I switched to Firefox and I can't imagine using anything else. It's so customizable, tons of great plugins, and the pop up blocker is by far the best ever. I'm glad people are starting to configure their sites for Firefox more than before.

Definatly Firefox. I've been using it for quite some time now, and been loving it. The memories of IE evils are almost gone :P. IE is just way to insecure becuase microsoft doesnt seem to care to ever update it. Where as with firefox, if theres a security hole that they know of, they will patch that thing up asap. Also it just does a better job of being secure in the first place. And with web development, Firefox just seems to... understand my css wayyy better then IE. I really wish IE would follow more standards of rendering that make sense. Its always so much fun spending a ton of time trying to get the browsers to all love your css. And I hate the fact I must still desgin for IE.The most intresting thing is, I remeber just a few years ago I was reading some stastics somewhere that IE owned over 90% of the browser market, as it squeezed what little control netscape had out of it. Then just recently I stumbled on recent statistics that showed how IE now only has something like 65-70% of market, with firefox having 25%.Also, I cant wait for Firefox 2.0... who cares about IE 7? :)

I don't use firefox.I'm using opera.This is the fastest browser on the net rightnow.and this is very security.I love it too much.I recommend you use it.Otherwise if you ask me about firefox and internet explorer which one is better.then I will say that firefox is better ,because it is faster than internet explorer and it is seem more security than internet explorer.

i have to admit that fire fox is better in a sense that it feels more secure, but here are loads of web pages out there that are made for IE and somthings like transistions and fades are not shown in firefox which is a odd thing... but i really dont mind which i use.. at the moment im using ie but thats only becuz im using one page it uses much less ram to run then firefox but when you open loads windows its better to use firefox.... however i have had a lot of problems with both firefox and ie so i say they are as good as eachother... but i really do like that you can install so many things for firefox.....

MAn this is easyFirefox all thee way mann..First of all, one of the main features Firefox brought to the internet was the TAB browsing. Even other browsers such as IE have copiied the feature in their own systems. its said. I like firefox because its simple, clean, and fast. Its aloot faster than IE. And, also, IE has alot of crappy toolbars that just slow things down.

Firefox is a great browser and definately, hands down beats IE6. But I just got IE7 beta, and that is pretty nice. The only thing that I really use on FF that I couldn't use on IE previously is tabbed browsing. But now that is no longer an issue. I still choose FF over IE but, Microsoft is starting to catch up.

IE7 is better than FF IMHO.trust me, if FF ever got as popular as IE (which it never will) it will be cracked hacked and taken apart and revealed as buggy too.IE is moaned about having flas, secruity issues etc, but thats mainly down to FF not being a major target... yet. and FF has been hacked numerous times, with huge flaws for online shopping.so really the only difference is the tabbed browsing, OH WAIT, IE7 has that and its MUCH better than FFs IMO. the ability to open a new tab in ie7 is much easier than FFs. :) oh, and opera is as good as IE7 and FF anyday.

It's not that everything that google gives is gold. Though the searchengine giant advertises in favour of firefox, the drawbacks are many. For example, complex table layouts dont appear properly on firefox. have you tried it? We must not use firefox for the sake of "not using microsoft product". Explorer reigns because it deserves. I am not a microsoft person. I am a student.

Replying to allabout42However, you're comparing a base IE 7 installation running full security to a suped up (and against mozilla recommendations, as pipelining makes even medium range systems unstable) version of firefox. Looking at a default setup with normal 4 pipe setup, and disabled ipv6, firefox runs like cold running dog excrement. Personally, I've yet to see a page that IE7 wouldn't load legitimately faster than a better configured firefox browser on default. That is not counting the few I have, which have browser detect created delays through javascript, and sites that disable ie viewing altogether through this method, which is an absurd length to go to because you don't like a browser.-reply by spiritusindomit

i use both firefox and internrt explorer but firefox is far better than than the internet explorer because firefox is fast easy to navigate and there are very good addons in firefox which can download videos from youtube and things like that, so East or West firefox is the best.

I see as firefox as my main choice but its really up to you on what you choose:

Firefox is an open-source (Wired mag) Internet browser, thought up by a 18 year old (completed when 19) after many frustrations with Internet explorer. It has a built in pop up blocker that has never once fail me, and is 100% skinnable. It includes TABS, which is a fature that lets you see more than one page in one window. Because of its new scent, noone has bagan to look for a way to deliver viruses thrrough the browser. It has promoted its service by Spreadfirefox.com, which gives of webbanners and free blongs (i think) to spread the word of its arrival. It just recently made the cover of Wired.

I think you all know about INternet explorers life enough so i wont go there.

Happy descisions,

Judson

Firefox was not thought up by an 18-year-old! Well, maybe it was, in its really early days as Netscape Navigator. Remember when Netscape used to have the biggest market share? Then Microsoft started including IE free with its Windows OS, so people started moving to that. Netscape started losing its market share, and it got as desperate as to release its source code and rechristen itself Mozilla. (You can still see that in Mozilla and Seamonkey today. They both still use the original Netscape icons.)

Here's where the 18-year-old part might be true: Mozilla then branched off into Firefox and Thunderbird, which were web browsers and email clients. Seamonkey [Could be Iceape, but that's GNUzilla to you] was only released to continue the Mozilla series, but it doesn't get as much press.