xisto Community
jlhaslip

First Graphics Thing I Did Ubuntu/Skype Avatar

Not sure if anyone else might want this thing, but if you use Ubuntu and Skype, you might want to snag it as an Avatar.

I took the Ubuntu logo and merged the Skype logo into the circle of friends. Not hard, really, once you grasp Layers and how they work.

It was simply a matter of starting with the Ubuntu logo, selecting the bottom-right third and cutting it into another layer, adding a transparent layer between them and pasting the Skype logo into that. a small bit of scaling was required to increase the Skype logo, but not difficult using the GIMP. Ya gotta love the Open Source Software movement.

Merge the layers down et voila! ... another talent for the toolbox. :P

Look out Saint_Michael... I smell a Sig War coming... :D

post-9787-1234989708_thumb.png

post-9787-1234989724_thumb.png

post-9787-1234989752_thumb.png

I had noticed Ubuntu logos from you today but did not know that you were actually messing around with them in the GIMP. But now that i bear that knowledge, does that mean your current avatar, you made it from scratch in the GIMP?

Nice, Cool I think I will try this and mucking around with a few popular icons it seems to be a great outcome, I think I will use this as my personal picture on here if you don't mind, Its just that I don't have one so it would look a lot better with one :)