xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stefan_pavikevik

Facebook Have (has) The All Rights To Your Content On It...

Before some time, Facebook made new Terms of Use. With that terms, Facebook gets the whole control of your content. So they can edit, copy, publish, archive whole your content. And even if you delete your account, they have copy of whole your content. This were their past Terms of Use:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071012215843/www.facebook.com/terms.php

Screenshot of the new Terms of Use:

Posted Image

But wait! Continue with reading!

After some time the changing of this Terms of Use, starts panic between the public which are members of Facebook.

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and the owner of Facebook posted this on his Blog:

/notes/facebook/on-facebook-people-own-and-control-their-information/54434097130?_fb_noscript=1

Read it!

And after one day, Facebook changes their Terms of Use again.

They come back to the old Terms of Use.

Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and the owner of Facebook, posted again on his Blog:

/notes/facebook/update-on-terms/54746167130?_fb_noscript=1

Read it too!

And now he says that there will be new Terms of Use, but they will be formed by Facebook members, with voting, sugesstions and requests. Facebook Bill of Rights and Responsibilities

Edited by stefan_pavikevik (see edit history)

Because of this, I will NOT be making a facebook account anytime soon. Basically, whatever you put on your account becomes ownership of facebook which is something I do not wish to be happening to my personal data.

But I have Facebook account... :S But Anyway, the Terms are back to the old.... :D I will continue to use Facebook! It is really great! No matter of their stupid terms...

Edited by stefan_pavikevik (see edit history)

wow that is a little overboard but in a way I can see why they, Facebook has had to do this. So many people put things such as some photos :D lets say of an adult nature or very close to it there along with every saying things that just anyone can see or read. Rather than making Facebook a Ault Only Site they have had to update there TOS. Yes it is a little over the top But I bet they will modifie it even more in the comming weeks and months.

Facebook launched on Thursday a campaign polling users over its new draft Terms of Service (TOS). Applauded by advocates and seen as a revolutionary move toward democratic social networking, Facebook's new campaign is making its way on the Internet. But what are the new TOS all about?Facebook created virtual Town Halls where users can comment and vote for 30 days (closing March 29) on the proposed draft Terms of Service. Two groups have been created: the Proposed Facebook Principles group, which highlights the rights and responsibilities of Facebook and its community and the Proposed Statement of Rights & Responsibilities group, which looks into the highly debated problem over who actually owns your content.To refresh your memory, Facebook updated its terms of service (those long pages of small text that too many of us almost never read) on February 4. The changes went unnoticed, only until a consumer-oriented blog attacked them, sparkling an Internet-wide debate over why should the social network own your content. Shortly after, Facebook reverted to its old TOS, hence now polling users on what changes should be made.

Luckily I do not have a Facebook account to begin with...I just don't feel it is "safe" to have Myspace or anything else because too many hiring companies will now search those sites to figure out what kind of person you are and are disregarding some people solely due to their profiles.