xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Forum Idea Member requirements

I have an idea. What if every member of the Xisto forum were required topost one new relevant,original topic as a thread once a month?It doesn't seem like much to ask.Then maybe we would have more new interesting threads instead ofthe danger of there always being the same ones.There would be more ideas and more flow. We probably wouldn't haveto sift through too many of the same topics trying to find something to say.I think it would be interesting.

I would love to see that added along with the pruning of the forums. There is so much clutter that old posts are repeated over and over again, and nothing seems to be started anew. I think that requiring it would be a little more eccentric. We are posting a lot already, but mandating it would turn off a lot of members. Not to be against Xisto but many people find it a little too controlled to be a rather open forum. I know its keep away clutter and to keep it at a mature excellence level and to attract new users, but this would be a little too much. We could encourage people to open new threads, by setting new trends that pass on, saying that you earn more myCENTS for making threads and keeping discussions going, increasing the rate and amount of myCENTS. I would also like to suggest having myCENTS to be more realtime, to an extent, and that its only added to your hosting money, when all your posts are approved, that lets say 100 words is about 10 myCENTS, and then so onwards, so to attract more realtime users.

That is way too much to ask for every member. Even if we could get them to post there would be similar subjects being posted and the end result would be spam. Can you imagine how tough it would be to moderate that many topics? We don't necessary need new topics like you think it's just that a lot of current topics still lack quality discussions that's why it seems like everything's crap topics.

That is way too much to ask for every member. Even if we could get them to post there would be similar subjects being posted and the end result would be spam. Can you imagine how tough it would be to moderate that many topics? We don't necessary need new topics like you think it's just that a lot of current topics still lack quality discussions that's why it seems like everything's crap topics.

I agree for the most part. I feel if they did that the forum may lose people. They may feel as they are being ordered to make posts and not making them on there own. They also might feel hurried, so I do not think that would be a good idea in that form. As for pruning them? No comment. Most everyone here knows my feelings on that from other posts. :D

Then maybe we would have more new interesting threads instead ofthe danger of there always being the same ones.

There would be more ideas and more flow.

You state there aren't enough unique threads (or at least imply it) and that having people attempt to create unique ones per person each month would solve the problem. The desired result can't be any different than it is as you say it currently is. Being there so many users, the amount of "unique" topics is bound to reduce, ultimately leading back to the "problem" you suggest exists and want solved. If uniqueness is forced, then we'll eventually (if not already) run out of things to post about, which would ruin the purpose of having a forum.

It was just an idea.I don't think that one a month was toomuch to ask really.Maybe they could have a bonus instead for new topics.Somehow I think my idea is still pretty good,though perhaps somewhat flawed.

The clutter is though getting rather bad here, since threads of the same idea from articles about the same thing from two different sources or even the same sources are popping out here and there. Forcing someone would truly ruin the fun of a forum that is openly allows people to think and discuss ideas. I truly believe that something that allows people to be rewarded realtime would help to generate more discussion something that doesn't judge by post count by amount words per post or something of that sort. This idea was pretty good, but a bonus that you suggested exists. You get more myCENTS when you post a topic that stays active, and earn much more for a longer topic and post, along with the number of posters in that topic, so one topic could generate a lot of myCENTS for you, if used properly, hope I cleared a bit up for you there. I hope you come up with more ideas, and soon enough those ideas will come into action.

I agree with all above. I too think its not a good idea to force someone to start a new topic everymonth to survive here...that will defeat the purpose of Credit System here. With our credit system if we post more for some time we can take a long leave. If we impose a new rule like this there will be no difference between other post to host sites who requires monthly posting etc or forum activity etc...Trap17 is different. Everything will be at our comfort here. So rules like that will create problems for many members. I like your second idea. More myCents for a topic starter is a good idea. That will encourage members to post more new topics etc...