xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xalor

How To Set Up A Subdomain On A Trap17 Vps?

I am planning on getting a domain and VPS Hosting under the Logic Plan from Xisto. I'd rather not have the domain be a URL Foward, so if I do buy the domain from Xisto and the Logic Plan, how do I one set it up to replace the normal subdomain I would receive and then set it so that its blog.yourname.com instead of yourname.com/blog. That's the question I mainly need answered, and also that if Wordpress MU works on a VPS since I only need no more than 3 blogs, to be supported. Thanks for helping in advance.

if you lets say get a domain from Xisto and then get hosting on that domain and you'll have a functional server place which you could access with your domain name.. through your CPanel, which you'll be able to access through port :2082 because Xisto hosting is offering CPanel.. you will be able to create subdomains, and those subdomains will just be directories in your public_html directory where you'll be able to upload your needed blog files.

if you lets say get a domain from Xisto and then get hosting on that domain and you'll have a functional server place which you could access with your domain name.. through your CPanel, which you'll be able to access through port :2082 because Xisto hosting is offering CPanel.. you will be able to create subdomains, and those subdomains will just be directories in your public_html directory where you'll be able to upload your needed blog files.

I didn't quite understnad you mean.

Lets say i want to create forums.mydomain.com what do i do?

How do i make it point to my forums page?

Well you would need the money on Xisto hosting.Go to domains get the domain you want for your forums then see if its available so lets say its forums.africa.com you then order it and wait till it have been prosessed.You then will find and options page of the hosting with that domain you registered with you then enter the settings of it, To the URL you want it to go too.. :DHope I helped out.

Thanks thats what I wanted to do there, and I couldn't figure it out, thanks Quatrux, the other thing that is left is how to integrate a forum like bbpress into wordpress so they share the same user table, so that when you can use the same id and pass for each when registered for wordpress.

Also take a look at this http://forums.xisto.com/topic/61751-free-web-hosting-free-trap17asta-subdomain-hosting-procedure-how-to-order-yournametrap17com-or-yournameastahostcom/page-3#entry432532

It gives you all the information you need to host and set-up a sub domain on trap 17 :D.