xisto Community
rejected

Pop-ups

http://www.yesadvertising.com/ is an advertiser which pays you for pop ups, pop unders , banners ads, and interterestial(dunno how spelt) ads. it is nothing close to 10cents an ad. most prices are close to 1-5$ per CPM (cpm means cost thousand (m is a word or something meaning thousand). people hate pop ups and they are almost always blocked, it does drive people away, especially if they are new to the site. it isnt worth it

44885[/snapback]

This is nice but only if you use banners,pop ups are the worst thing for earning :P

Get banner ads instdead.they dont break up your website too much if you get just a few and pople visiting will not mind nearly as much...beside, like someone else said, most people have popup blockers, or firefox, which i love personally.

Firefox fails with some types of popups. Our ad network, Realtechmedia started serving popups within the banners by mistake and all of them were successfully delievered :-S

Have you got a test case ?I'm sure that with a well-configured browser, the popups won't be delievered...

Pop-Ups are the worst thing. I can take pop unders but I hate the ones that come up in front of you, those are annoying. Also arent the pop-ups thats are delivered successfuly and by bass most pop-up filters, dont they go into the cache and launch themselves other then using DHTML or javascript. Thats what I think they do anyway. :D  :D

44896[/snapback]

Hello

yeah USE YAHOO POP UP KILLER

when u install yahoo messneger from yahoo.com

it will instsall

then enable it

and enjoy

all pop up will kiled :D

yeah USE YAHOO POP UP KILLER

when u install yahoo messneger from yahoo.com

it will instsall

then enable it

and enjoy

all pop up will kiled :D

55542[/snapback]

With IE ? then that's wrong...

Instead of pop-ups why not Google Adsense? I think its the same principle. You get money if visitors from your site click the link and purchase something. Amazon and Ebay does the same thing too, I think. They're not as annoying as pop-ups. :D

I hate any pops whether they up or under, they are terrible, theyh are annoying, and I would only use them for sites that people really get addicted to it (like quality phpbb's), and only on the home page, I think banners are much better.

yeah, nowadays most browsers how popup blockers or u can install toolbars from yahoo, google etc which block popups effectively...moreover the number of sites using popups are on the downside.. and they are more into on-page advertising due to the very fact that pop-up blockers exist.