xisto Community
harrison858

Disney Profits They drop..

Article: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, it shouldn't be a real surprise. I dont think Disney is the only theme park that is losing in profits. I think smaller parks are getting hit more, like Seaworld or Bush Gardens.

Disney profits drop 32% hmm..

Anyone see anything similar to this in your area? I live near Orlando, FL, so there are a lot of theme parks in the area. We've been seeing a drop in tourists.

Hello friend........Ya the world is really facing a big financial crisis and it is getting difficult and difficult to cop up with this.....The prices are hiking so rapidly and it has become a great problem for all of us........ to survive easilyHope All this gets over as soon as possible...

Article: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Well, it shouldn't be a real surprise. I dont think Disney is the only theme park that is losing in profits. I think smaller parks are getting hit more, like Seaworld or Bush Gardens.

Disney profits drop 32% hmm..

Anyone see anything similar to this in your area? I live near Orlando, FL, so there are a lot of theme parks in the area. We've been seeing a drop in tourists.

well Disney has always been a roller coaster stock anyways really. If they have a hit show or star there high, if they dont they low. But with the way things are now yes I can see why there theme parks are going. Same with bush gradens, seaworld. And 6 flags here in new jersey was down from what I hear. But you have to remember this also. that was for the 1st quarter, of the fiscal year Oct Nov Dec and Jan. Generally slow months for any outdoor theme park Be it in Fla. Cali or even Japan. Willing to be you though of that 32% 16% was due to the time of year. the rest due to the state of the world and the bad Depression we are in. Yes I said Depression. Don't let anyone tell you that it is a Recession because it's not. and no I dont wanna hear it's Bush's fault. all this goes back way before him. but back to this topic. Yes I have noticed here in New Jersey the same things. as I said 6 Flags was not as busy this year. Our beaches not as packed as normal. Some of the fishing party boats did not even open this past season.

That's because the American people is probably focusing at having their lifes fixed instead of buying Disney movies(mostly cartoons I believe). Well, that is not suprising, regarding that bigger part of the world have been like that in ages. Yes, it's the financial crisis and it's getting outside the United States with the speed of light. People lose their jobs, and they probably don't feel like giving some extra money for Disney World. People used to travel in there a lot, and now they don't. Mostly the people from Europe were traveling to their parks, and now they don't-at least not that much. That's pretty pity because some of the Disney castles were really well-made.

Disney had (has) overpriced items at their theme parks—even the food. I was surprised to see people even buying anything there. It should have been expected to see a decrease in profit when people are more worried on what to spend money on. If they reduce their prices, that might help them a bit. A lot of people may have stopped going, but there are still those that go.

Looks like they are in a huge financial crisis. If they go down McDonalds will have no toys to put in the Happy meal :D. LolI'm sure they wont though.

Sometimes profit drop isn't so bad, I agree with you all that this is because of the crisis and just because people have less money and don't want to spend it as they used to, but the problem with profit drop, is that really a lot of things before the crisis in the world was way overpriced, companies and etc. were having lots of profit because of big prices, making food cost 400% more than they getting is really "stupid", but people still buy, but when the profit drops when having such profits, they say oh now our profit is dropping :P most of such companies deserve this in my opinion, I always hated overpriced places, unless they do something good with their profit.It can't be that every year always the profit gets bigger and bigger, for example alcohol, alcohol companies sell more and more beer and etc., but when the country puts a law to not sell alcohol after 22h to 7h (10 PM to 7 AM) the companies says our profit is dropping blah blah, well, maybe before you had to much profit making drunk people buy alcohol at midnight with 3 times a bigger price.. and stuff.The economics that I rather sell beer for 4-6$ than 2-3$ and have the same profit and even more even though less people with buy it and I will need less beer to transport to my place, eh.. I hate overpriced things.On principle, I try to not buy foods and drinks in airports, airplanes, trains and trains stations, due to they cost 6 times more there :D not because I can't afford it, but usually because of principle.

Profit drop isn't too bad. Have you seen the news recently about Woolwoths??? The biggest High street company in the UK has gone bankrupt because of profit loss.

Good for them, they just took the money, shared it with each other and went bankrupt and said something really like "oh, oh, oh, our profit dropped, we don't get millions anymore we used to for doing almost nothing", it's not that they lost something, only small businesses which are closing is loosing something, all those biggest companies due to not getting such profit, close as if they don't have money to eat?After several years economics will go up again, maybe eliminating some bad stuff, even though I don't say that this crisis is good, it's really bad even for me, but I'm speaking from other end.

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Good for them, they just took the money, shared it with each other and went bankrupt and said something really like "oh, oh, oh, our profit dropped, we don't get millions anymore we used to for doing almost nothing", it's not that they lost something, only small businesses which are closing is loosing something, all those biggest companies due to not getting such profit, close as if they don't have money to eat?
After several years economics will go up again, maybe eliminating some bad stuff, even though I don't say that this criss is good, it's really bad even for me, but I'm speaking from other end.

That is one way to explain :D