xisto Community
Veradesigns

What Should I Eat What kind of food do you recomend.

Hi, i got city college class, "Boot Camp", i love exercising problem is i never had a class this hard before, i am just interested on what kind of food i should eat.Because i very concerned about what might happen to me i have a class today at 3:35- 7 hours from now and after that class i have weight training. I am just curious what is a decent meal to eat and still feel good wile exercising you know like not feeling dizzy or drowsy.Thanks your advice would be aswome.

Well... I'd suggest eating a healthy meal, but also one that tastes good...

May be you'd want to have some salad, eat a sub or something with a side of chips.

Just a suggestion.

well what im trying to do is gain weight but continue at a healthy steady paste. Like not over feeding myself you know.

My suggestion:meat,egg,and milk,and greengrocery which should eat everyday indispensably!When i was young,i was fleshless,like you.Everyday i keep eat such food,and keep exercise,then after about one year,i gain weight ,achieved what i wished.hehe:)Good luck to you!Note,if you have gain weight successfully,you shouldn't stop exercise.If you stopped it , you may be come fat.

My suggestion:meat,egg,and milk,and greengrocery which should eat everyday indispensably!When i was young,i was fleshless,like you.Everyday i keep eat such food,and keep exercise,then after about one year,i gain weight ,achieved what i wished.hehe:)
Good luck to you!Note,if you have gain weight successfully,you shouldn't stop exercise.If you stopped it , you may be come fat.

Well im trying to get back in shape i dont know how i did it in my high school year but i was in a pretty dam good shape now i got college classes so its more training its harder but i love it i am just trying to get the best of what i got you know. But i got it meat, eggs, milk and green thingys witch i hate lol, but yes thank you for your advice one thing, does a protine shake work? just asking?

does a protine shake work?

I wouldn't recommend a protein shake, and i wouldn't recommend asking anyone who doesn't know the current state of your body on what kinds of foods to eat. If possible, you should try getting advice on what to eat in that "Boot Camp" class. All i know is that if your training is vigorous, then you're going to need a lot of energy, more than the average amount of calories. Anything can give you energy, but that doesn't mean you should be eating it for energy, since not all kinds of foods contain complex carbohydrates. You'd want to make sure the energy obtained from the food gets put to good use. Eating too many carbohydrates could work against you if everything isn't balanced out. And if you drink any water, make sure the water is "hard" or not too "soft." If you research on water, you'll know what i mean.

Runners, cyclists and weight trainers all feed from carbohydrates; that is, pasta and potatoes etc..Carbs are pretty much 99% energy, and it makes up something like 60% of your diet - but if you are doing stuff, then you would need to make that a priority over the others.Calcium, like milk and cheese are EXTREMELY important for the teeth. Joking lol, you need them for prevention to injury to bones.And also, take a snickers or twix (choco then, but NOT milky way :D) just before you do training, since its extra energy.

I'm aware of at least two Mr. Universe winners (including Arnold Schwarzenegger) who reached their personal best by adopting a vegetarian, or mostly vegetarian diet. May I suggest a meal that includes whole grains of some sort, accompanied by a tasty legume? India and countries of the Middle East and Africa have perfected this equation, so look to them for guidelines. They are generally thinner and more limber than their American counterparts, no doubt in part to their excellent diet. For a quick meal to be followed by a workout of some sort, I personally like a hummus wrap, which includes:- organic whole wheat wrap (a whole grain carbohydrate; can be tortilla or any whole grain wrap)- hummus (a protein dense blend of garbanzo beans and succulent spices; readily digested and assimilated - unlike meat)- organic yogurt and/or feta cheese- lettuce, tomato, greek olives, red onionsAnd since you're in training, may as well have some brown basmati rice or whole grain chips on the side. A hummus wrap can be had in most urban areas. In lieu of this, you can buy the ingredients at places like Trader Joe's, Wild Oats, and even Costco. Just try to avoid hummus containing Canola Oil (Canadian Oil). This controversial product damages heart tissue. Try to find hummus made with Olive, Sunflower, or Safflower oil instead. Of course, you can always make hummus yourself. You just need to throw some cooked garbanzo beans in a blender with some olive oil, lemon juice and spices.

I wouldn't recommend a protein shake, and i wouldn't recommend asking anyone who doesn't know the current state of your body on what kinds of foods to eat. If possible, you should try getting advice on what to eat in that "Boot Camp" class. All i know is that if your training is vigorous, then you're going to need a lot of energy, more than the average amount of calories. Anything can give you energy, but that doesn't mean you should be eating it for energy, since not all kinds of foods contain complex carbohydrates. You'd want to make sure the energy obtained from the food gets put to good use. Eating too many carbohydrates could work against you if everything isn't balanced out. And if you drink any water, make sure the water is "hard" or not too "soft." If you research on water, you'll know what i mean.

McDonalds?
No :D

Well If you need energy the spaghetti

If you just want a snack the a Sandwich should do.

Runners, cyclists and weight trainers all feed from carbohydrates; that is, pasta and potatoes etc..
Carbs are pretty much 99% energy, and it makes up something like 60% of your diet - but if you are doing stuff, then you would need to make that a priority over the others.

Calcium, like milk and cheese are EXTREMELY important for the teeth. Joking lol, you need them for prevention to injury to bones.

And also, take a snickers or twix (choco then, but NOT milky way :D ) just before you do training, since its extra energy.

I'm aware of at least two Mr. Universe winners (including Arnold Schwarzenegger) who reached their personal best by adopting a vegetarian, or mostly vegetarian diet. May I suggest a meal that includes whole grains of some sort, accompanied by a tasty legume? India and countries of the Middle East and Africa have perfected this equation, so look to them for guidelines. They are generally thinner and more limber than their American counterparts, no doubt in part to their excellent diet. For a quick meal to be followed by a workout of some sort, I personally like a hummus wrap, which includes:
- organic whole wheat wrap (a whole grain carbohydrate; can be tortilla or any whole grain wrap)
- hummus (a protein dense blend of garbanzo beans and succulent spices; readily digested and assimilated - unlike meat)
- organic yogurt and/or feta cheese
- lettuce, tomato, greek olives, red onions

And since you're in training, may as well have some brown basmati rice or whole grain chips on the side. A hummus wrap can be had in most urban areas. In lieu of this, you can buy the ingredients at places like Trader Joe's, Wild Oats, and even Costco. Just try to avoid hummus containing Canola Oil (Canadian Oil). This controversial product damages heart tissue. Try to find hummus made with Olive, Sunflower, or Safflower oil instead. Of course, you can always make hummus yourself. You just need to throw some cooked garbanzo beans in a blender with some olive oil, lemon juice and spices.

Some good advice flashy & Misanthrope :D
Like in London the day before the big run, The shops are sold out of pasta!

okk that settles it ill take pasta today!! =]
hope it helps thx for all your help guys i love this foruM!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:P

I suggest you eat good ol' home-made stuff. Not some weird proteine shake or anything, nice home-made meal is ideal. No stupid fast foods, they usually have only carbs, fat and proteines. (pretty much what you need but the procents aren't quite right)Oh and don't forget to have half of your plate full of salad. And a nice drink like water, milk or juice.

Well... I'd suggest eating a healthy meal, but also one that tastes good...

May be you'd want to have some salad, eat a sub or something with a side of chips.

Just a suggestion.

I think Harrison is so very right, you must eat healthy foods. Stay away from thoughs so called high entergy things. they are a load of Beep. Eat a good and healthy 3 meals a day. But I would not eat chips, but fruits.

okk that settles it ill take pasta today!! =]hope it helps thx for all your help guys i love this foruM!!!!!!!

Yup it is a fantastic forum.

I am glad we all helped you out :D

A few good points were made above but also a few very bad ones.You firstly must remember that if its school or college you are attending that when you get a job and hopefully its a 9 to 5, your schedule will not change that much. So getting yourself into a daily routine now, will benefit you in the long run.Breakfast.If your going for a run in the mornings, there is no point filling yourself up before you start or else you'll cramp up or feel sick. But your just after sleeping for 8 hours I hope, so your completely empty. Try some toasted brown bread (2 slices) with honey, and a glass of orange juice. Give it about twenty minutes to digest while you get your bag and other stuff packed for school. Then go for your run and shower afterwards to revitilise your muscles and mind. On your way to school / work try a nutri-grain bar or a banana, with plenty of liquids - water or more recommended, a power aid drink. Due to your run your musles lack energy now. Have a coffee if you wish.If your not going for a run in the morning, try maby a bowl of cereal with nuts (my favourite is that crunchy nut feast, or wheetaabix with nuts and chopped banana) and an egg with some juice. Get out of the habit of using salts or sauses, their only good for weekening the muscles.Lunch.If its possible always have soup with brown bread for lunch. You shouldn't need butter but its not really bad if you use a small bit. Try not to use soup from cans, if you can get the one from them cartons, much better. Try different flavours so you dont get bored of the same one each day. If soup is too hard for you to make at school or work take a sandwich.Important: No point having small skimpy flat like ones, and eating loads of them. Better to have one fullyloaded. My favourite would be Brown Bread, Chicken, Lettuce, Cheese and even Mayo on it. You gotta make sure you enjoy your food! Sometimes I even add stuffing most times. After the one sandwich I'm full though. I dont recommend yogerts but I'm not against them intirely. If you want one, get fruit and nut ones.Before your training you can have maby a small bit of chocolate but keep it plain, no caramel. Maby have half the bar 25minutes before training and the other half afterwards.Dinner.I liked who ever said home-cooking, this is very important. Yes, potatoes and pasta are the best for this. One of my favourites is potatoes, carrots / peas or beans with a meat or chicken. If its pre-prepaired this can be cooked in 25-35 minutes.For desert stick to the simple fruit, maby some grapes(make sure seedless) mandren orange, dribble some apple juice over it and treat yourself to a half scoup of ice-cream.You shouldnt need to eat for the rest of the night. But if you do, no matter what it is, shouldn't be any bigger then three small mouthfuls. And should not be ate less then an hour before your head hits the pillow.Ill put my house on it your health will sky rocket mate, and you'll feel wonders while you train.So I hope this is what you wanted.