xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Any Free Trojan Removal Programs?

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5

Thats for spyware..... he wants it for Trojans.

Which then means he will need "AVG Anti-Virus"

They do a pro version which you have to pay for or they do "AVG Anti-Virus Free edition" Which is free...

Even more recenty I got the "Antivirus 2009" virus, another nightmarish trojan which can crash your browser, hi-jack your google homepage, mess up your registry, and crash your computer among other things. After googling how to get rid of it I decided to try two free antiviruses: SUPERantiSpyware and Malwarebytes' Anti-malware. Fortunately they were able to element the trojan (and it's 19+ cronies) in one scan and reboot. So far I haven't had any problems with them so my number one recommendation would be Malwarebytes', followed by SuperAntiSpyware, then possibly Avira. Hope you are trojan free before long! I feel your pain.

I have to throw some endorsement on this one. I recently used both programs in bold to remove a persistent trojan (Anti-Spyware 2008, known as a number of other things by other antivirus programs) and it worked like a charm. I recommend these two programs highly as good options for anyone else suffering from Trojans or other malware.

However, I'm glad that OP actually got around to wiping and reinstallation. It's a pain, but it's a sure way to eliminate any chance of a reoccuring threat (as long as your backups are clean).

Thats for spyware..... he wants it for Trojans.

Which then means he will need "AVG Anti-Virus"

They do a pro version which you have to pay for or they do "AVG Anti-Virus Free edition" Which is free...

Are you sure? I'm pretty much sure AVG Anti-spyware fixes up viruses also, despite the program name. Well, I think it has fixed up tracking cookies for sure, but I think it has removed trojans. Never mind my comment then.

Why not get both?Its doesn't hurt,But just make sure you don't have any other security programs running otherwise it will crash your pc! Mostly Norton does that....... :D

avira anti virousAny Free Trojan Removal Programs?

hello friends avira is most loser anti virus it don't remove a sing threat from computer ok it only scan u r computer and tell u that u r comp is safe but that's wrong

-reply by jeetu