xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Any Free Trojan Removal Programs?

My computer is massively infected with trojans and i can't find the disks to wipe the drive clean and reinstall everything. (I got this computer from a friend once mine broke but it was infected). I don't know where he put the disks to reinstall. I've done a system recovery but no use. Are there any free trojan removal programs out there that will get rid of these darn trojans for me?

Most antivirus software should do the job. I personally recommend Avira, which is one of the best available antivirus software. It also features the best available on-access scanning which means if you download and open a virus, it will stop you.

I would also suggest downloading Spybot S&D and and Ad-Aware.

Edited by Nabb (see edit history)

My computer is massively infected with trojans and i can't find the disks to wipe the drive clean and reinstall everything. (I got this computer from a friend once mine broke but it was infected). I don't know where he put the disks to reinstall. I've done a system recovery but no use. Are there any free trojan removal programs out there that will get rid of these darn trojans for me?

I've used AVG and hated it. Ad-aware has never been very for effective for me. I've also used a free version of Panda Antivirus but it didn't seem to find any of the trojans I've had anyhow.
Those are suggestions that for me have been mostly a waste of time (take into account that I'm on XP SP3 as your OS can definitely make a difference I'm sure.)

Recently I had a despicable Trojan which I got from my girlfriend's flash drive. It would open up about 30+ internet explorer windows per hour for some lowlife's "Travian" city. Predictibly Travian will be on my black list from now until the next eternity. Finally I downloaded Avira and was able to get rid of the virus :P. However it downloads updates and pops up an ad for the pro version from time to time (I belief it's once a day). If you can handle a pop up a day Avira might be worth a try.

Even more recenty I got the "Antivirus 2009" virus, another nightmarish trojan which can crash your browser, hi-jack your google homepage, mess up your registry, and crash your computer among other things. After googling how to get rid of it I decided to try two free antiviruses: SUPERantiSpyware and Malwarebytes' Anti-malware. Fortunately they were able to element the trojan (and it's 19+ cronies) in one scan and reboot. So far I haven't had any problems with them so my number one recommendation would be Malwarebytes', followed by SuperAntiSpyware, then possibly Avira. Hope you are trojan free before long! I feel your pain.

You are obviously doing something that keeps getting you viruses. I would suggest isolating that issue and take care of it. Make sure all your software and Windows is up-to-date and then I would suggest getting a paid AV program. The free ones work, but with your problems, it is worth the investment.

Sounds like you need and MUST start running some software.Myself I use AVG and Bitdefender and I have never picked up anything other than a bad cookie since installing these 2 peices of Free software. Also too you must check your internet settings and some will laugh but make sure you have your windows firewall up too. isnt much but it helps.

I keep getting an error message saying FLTLIB.DLL is not present when I try to install some programs. I get it every time when I try to install Ad-Aware anniversary edition. I've gotten the same message for other things too. Any ideas what this is and why it isnt there?

Well if you have a virus or other malware, it might have deleted it. If you have the Windows installation disc, put it in and restart your computer, then have it boot form the CD drive and run the System Repair tool. That should replace it.

I suggest,you should install some virus prodect software,such like Kaspersky Anti-Virus,i like it.You can use its trial version first,if you feel well,then you can buy it,or reinstall its trial version,and continue try it,hehe.This will easy your computer,and give you more security.Kaspersky is the best...... I think so.Re-install windows xp ,it can solve your problem.But it waste your time and stamina.Just try some virus prodect software,i think it will help.Free virus prodect software is few ,and not very useful.I suggest choose those not free!Good luck to you!sincerely !

I suggest,you should install some virus prodect software,such like Kaspersky Anti-Virus,i like it.You can use its trial version first,if you feel well,then you can buy it,or reinstall its trial version,and continue try it,hehe.This will easy your computer,and give you more security.Kaspersky is the best...... I think so.
Re-install windows xp ,it can solve your problem.But it waste your time and stamina.Just try some virus prodect software,i think it will help.Free virus prodect software is few ,and not very useful.I suggest choose those not free!

Good luck to you!
sincerely !

Spaces go after the comma (,).

Anyways. He said he reinstalled it already, so just get some good virus protection. Try the Norton 360 beta, it is free and will last as long as the beta is out. Otherwise I like AVG free for anti virus, Zone alarm for firewall (free too), and just use Windows Defender for spyware.

I recommend for you to use AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5. I have that one, and it usually updates even if you don't have the paid version. Only difference is you won't have the firewall feature, but having it as an antivirus is very useful.