xisto Community
africa

Launching And Running Forums How to effectivley run forums

Thanks. i used to have a website that crashed after a couple of weeks and i lost everything!
Now i want to use an automatic system that backups and stores the database in my email account everyday!

hmm, I think I have seen them but they are quite pricey.

I would only get it if you forum becomes poplar. otherwise you would of wasted your money O.o Also don't let guest's post otherwise you will be flooded with Andertise ment spam bots!

I bet there's a way to do a Cron so that it does something like that, but it might not email you. For forums, SQL backups are the most important (over file backups), since files can always be replaced. I started with an SQL backup, and no file backup, and everything still worked fine. I think most forum software lets you backup without going through cPanel.

Starting a forum is easy, but developing and maintaining is what requires real patience which many lose very early. But you have done excellent job till now and I wish you great success with your forum in future.

As an admin you will also need to learn lots of things like managing members, keeping law and order in a peaceful manner etc... I would highly recommend a website for you if you already didn't knew it, the website is https://theadminzone.com/. There are lots of admins, moderators like you who are maintaining thier own website forums. But once they are in theadminzone they are all ordinary members. They share all thier experiences from which you can know a lot of things.

I agree with rvalkass, hiring dozens of admins is not a wise choice at all, afterall anybody would want to become one. In fact you would mess up with the administration system if you hire lots of them. I have seen some really nice forums which even after having a couple of hundred members, are still managed and moderated by the original owner.