xisto Community
thasoldier

Your First Mobile Phone?

My first mobile was Nokia 1100, a mobile with a torch light (in TV advertisement). I still remember how i get excited when i hear to different caller tunes from different callers. I used to set different funny tunes for my friends nearby in my office and they get embarrassed listening to it :) .

My first mobile phone was Nokia 3310. :D I got it from my aunt back in 2003. Its features are mainly sending text or picture messages and calling. I also remember playing the game "Snake" in it. :P The moment I got my new phone -- Sony Ericsson Z520i, my Nokia 3310 didn't work anymore. :( I don't know why's that. I didn't do anything bad to it though. Maybe that's because I had been using it for almost 3 years on that time.

My first mobile phone was Sony Ericsson. It first gave me the pleasure of having a wireless connectivity with my parents,friends and near and dear ones round the clock.Whatever model you use and whatever features your mobile bears.Doesn't matter all it matters the first time possession of mobile phones that roams along with you like your shadow. So can be thought of as one of your close and intimate friends.

My very first phone was a Nokia with just an FM. It was a simple flap mobile. But the best thing what I liked about it was that it was quit small in size and very easy to learn for beginners. Now I own a Samsung Wave 525 :D

I really don't even remember my first mobile. I do remember that it had a keyboard (like opened up to one) but that's about all. That was a long, long time ago! I use an iPhone 3G now.

My first mobile phone was the Sagem myX-2. It was so popular I couldn't even find a photo with a phone with the color scheme I had. :D

Posted Image

My first mobile phone was Motorola T100, a tiny set with a very small screen. On the very first day the mobile fell from my chest pocket, when I bent to pick up some vegetables from the fridge. The next day I exchanged it for Nokia 3115, with no extra cost. Since the set was replaced on the next day, the seller, known to my maternal uncle, did not charge me anything extra. I became a Nokia fan and am still using the slide version of Nokia C203.Going back to those days with Nokia 3115, the incoming was chargeable and I seldom picked unknown numbers. In case there was repeated calls or I was not sure if the number was known I would receive the calls. The bill was paid with the tution fees that I earned teaching students.In between then and now, I lost 2 Nokia 3115s(one dropped and one pick pocketed) and one Nokia 3650(second hand), broken one Nokia 1110i and another Nokia 1100 and another Nokia 1662(smashed on wall) and now having one Nokia C203(last one purchased) and Nokia 2690(backup set).And now I believe the days of Nokia is over for me. The cost at which I bought the C203, at that price range, I could have obtained much much better sets, ranging from Samsung to Micromax or even China sets. A 30% increase in budget now gives an Android phone with capacitive touch.I am sure that my next will not be a Nokia, but an Android 4.0 atleast. In the topic, if any, asking "Your Next Mobile Phone", I'll be able to say about a few, 3 actually, Androids, that I am now looking into, knowing that I'll be surely buying another set, Android, in the next quarter, or January 2013, when my father gets transferred back to our town.Mine is a small town as I said before, and getting a new model early is still 1-2 months behind launches of phones.

This thread seems to be new because I remember posting about my first cellular mobile phone. There was another thread about first mobile phones too. In either case, let me add to this thread my glorious collection of mobile phones.The first phone that I used was a Nokia 2050. I still have it and it works if you keep it connected to the wall socket - the battery holds just enough charge for a few minutes. If they had used capacitors instead of batteries, it would perhaps still be working, but the technology back then to produce a high capacity capacitor simply did not exist. Even today, capacitors are rarely used when a high battery capacity is desired, with manufacturers turning to Lithium Ion batteries. Back then, it was Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. The Nokia 2050 also had a rather large screen and it is rather comfortable to read text messages on that screen when compared to the mobile phones of today, barring the smart phones that have a full-sized touch interface. The Nokia 2050 did suffer from a bout of a lack of microphone function, which seemed to correct itself after a week of leaving it alone. It may have been dust or something of the sort but it only occurred once and since the problem fixed itself, so to speak, I never really had any complaints about the Nokia 2050.The Nokia 6110 was my next mobile phone and it was very popular back then. Pretty much everybody had either the Nokia 6110 or an Ericsson (can't remember the model number of the Ericsson; this was before Ericsson had the joint venture with Sony for manufacturing mobile phones). There was not really much to say about the Nokia 6110 other than the popular Snake game that was included and an infrared transceiver on the front of the device. The Nokia 6210 was quite similar to the Nokia 6110 except for the lack of an antenna.After the Nokia 6110 and Nokia 6210, I had a Siemens C35i, which lasted a long long time till it would hang or lose signal. The Siemens C35i was built to be light and was perhaps one of the last phones to have an antenna because the later generations of phones. did not have any visible antenna. Several phones (Nokia 9210i Communicator, Nokia 2600, Nokia E72) later, I settled on the Nokia N9 and the Apple iPhone 4S.

well my first mobile phone was on the BT Cell net I do not know what it was called but it was the old Phones which only

made phone calls there was no SMS, MMS, Or Internet Service on it. I got it in 1998 or 1999. the network it was on is now know as o2 but when I got it, it was on BT Cell net.