xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the blonde girl

"Super Size Me..."

I think it's dumb for people to be so shocked at this movie. It's fast food. Of course the guy is going to gain massive amounts of weight.I think that yes, McDonald's and other fast food places should be able to sell their food. If people are dumb enough not to realize that this isn't the healthiest thing for you, then you deserve to get fat.The industry is trying to redeem themselves, however, by offering so-called 'lo carb' foods or healthy salads. Not to say that this will solve the fat problem, but it is a step in the right direction

I read a book called "Fast Food Nation" and was horrified by it. I think, in class, we ultimately decided that it's up to the parents of the children who eat the McD's every other day, not the corporations, to make the responsible decisions for individuals. You could get the government more involved with harsher laws prohibiting fattening foods, etc but that just sounds rediculous. Surely the American public can make up their minds for themselves and not have to be lead to the feeding traughs like those cows served at these places.

I heard rumors that Insects were found in Mc Donalds burgers and stuff.Frankly, I usually eat from MC and I think the rumors are all fake..Cause, I had seen the delivery of MC products to the one in my city and I came to know that those things are frozen upto about -70 C ( Well this is what I came to know ) .. and hence I am usually not worried about hygeine and quality.. Well, the health is really an issue.. You got to compromise between taste and health.. a bit alreast. B)

to be onest i like burger king better plainly because my m8 got a mouldey brger from mc donalds so rumors are true lolalso back on topic i normally only get a BK once every month for a treat :P

i dont think the fast food sellers should close down but like you said, it is up to the buyers to control the rate at which they eat them and also control their health too.

Talk about world population, I think we should start reducing the world population. Its really too much, 5 billion people living on a single rock...omg...we should start exterminating some 2 billion people.

If the population keeps growing....i don't know what will happen to the earth...what do u guys think?

Since you're so enthusiastic about this, how about you go first... It's not the people's fault they were born. Way to bring back Hitler with your extermination crap. The way to deal with this is to control birth rate so the problem will sort itself out. Also, the U.S. would actually be decreasing in population if it wasn't for the immigrants (and illegal aliens).

Now, back to the topic of this post. McDonald's food, as with any other resteraunt that uses heavy advertising, is loaded with chemicals specifically manufactured to try and get you addicted to their food. They are counting on the fact that it's inevitable for a person to not go to a McDonald's in their lifetime. Therefore, they will make sure that once you get a taste, you will come back for more...most people do. Then McDonald's will go out and invest in or start a weight loss diet which is a complete scam, but they just add the magical phrase "along with diet and exercise" and they're all good to go. The FDA also loves this because they get huge payoffs to keep this crap secret and deny that it had anything to do with it even though it's staring the truth in the face.

Then you might decide that the specific weight loss diet or pill doesn't work, so then you start exercising in hopes of loosing weight. Most people will find that even though they exercise very hard, weight is barely lost (unless you're morbidly obese, then anything will make you lose weight). And when you do lose weight, it takes about 2 days to gain back what took you to lose a week or more. That's another magical effect of MCD; chemicals are included to mess around with your hypothalamus, which regulates metabolism rate, apetite, and secure fat reserves. The result they're trying to achieve is low metabolism and high appetite.

Back in the 1950's, ect., it was possible to lose weight with calorie control and increase in exercise. Obesity was really rare back in those days because the food corporations did not find out about chemicals that could be put in the food to make their profits skyrocket. Now that things have changed, you have to do a lot more before you can lose any serious amount weight, and keep it off without depriving yourself with starvation. You'll have to detoxify your body to get rid of all the chemicals and crap inside of you and flush out your fat cells before you can begin to start loosing weight. If you are skeptical about this, just ask yourself why 80% of Americans are fat and at least 40-50% are obese... Don't go by today's standards, look at what they were 40 years ago. They're being changed all the time so that it will seem that Americans aren't that fat.

Edited by dre (see edit history)

ultasmad, I did hear something about that. McDonald's much be antsy, getting this much bad public scrutiny.
wassie, that's completely cool. But that's one of the problems people seem to not get: them being thin at this moment. But what about after five years? Ten? Twenty? Are you sure that you'll be in shape even if you do eat fast food. That's the real question here.

the real point here is you can eat fast food and not get fat if you exercise in some way.remember the commercials for subway jared lost weight by eating their subs and exercising.you can eat fast food and still lose weight but not if you are going to do it to the point of obsession and not do any kind of exercising.

remember the commercials for subway jared lost weight by eating their subs and exercising

Not a good idea to get your knowledge off of commercials...(Jared is still fat...looks like his subway diet failed). Why would any company advertise that their particular product is crap? They never would. Like I said before, this is something that's beyond calories and exercise. Edited by dre (see edit history)

I think that the consumer is 95% at fault for being obese because of fast food. The other 5% is because of the lack of healthy foods in fast food places. I've gone on road trips, and its hard to find healthy food that will last a 4 hour drive. I think the documentary said how a salad had more sugar than a fudge Sunday. Scary.

About the movie...

I listened to the movie with my parents, eating McDonald. Lmfao : My parents wanted to stop eating at some point :S

What that guy did(the one who did the movie), was, for me, a step for humanity : Now, general populations knows whats gonna happen if they keep eating Fast Food. Most of the children listen to TV and obey to TV. Seriously, Some are doing their "education" over TV. (Great education :unsure:) Since they listen to TV so much, Supersize me actually passed on TV :D

About the Fast Food.

Well fast food keeps growing and getting better, that's cool!(finally a "good" new)

And the one who ate McDonald for idk how long, lost his fat quickly after! Yes, I know, he didin't stopped McDonald to go to Burger King, he stopped McDonald and went to a carrot diet :|

Personally, I like fast foods alot when I pass near one. Im usually on my bike and the comming back from downtown takes 10 minutes of hard working bike, cross the forest etc etc, so Im not really fat ;0

BUT still, I LOVE real food; hummmm

Now I really need to go eat "real" food :(

Cya

Well, the fact with fast food is that really taste good to a lot of people, especially children, although it's awful for our body. It would be great if simply healthy food tasted good and unhealthy food tasted bad, but since it's not so easy, we have to be responsible. The same way that we don't do what we like when we like (like obeying rules, laws, social conventions, etc), we should know where is our limit in eating food that we know it's not healthy. And of course parents should put some limit for their children.