xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CyberWizard

Installing Phpmyadmin On Local Machine (windows) This tutorial shows you how to install phpMyAdmin Database Manager.

I am going to show to all members (beginning developers :P) how to install phpMyAdmin on Windows local machine. First of all.. For those who doesn't know what is phpMyAdmin I'll try to explain it. phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL databases. You can read more to learn it here.

Here are the requirements for the installation:

PHP Installed

MySQL Installed

Apache Web server 2.x.x Installed

Let the party begin! :P

1.Go to the phpMyAdmin download page:

https://www.phpmyadmin.net/downloads/

2.Download one of the ZIP Package for phpMyAdmin. Then extract the files from the ZIP to htdocs/phpmyadmin ( make sure you have opened /phpmyadmin dir. in the htdocs folder ).

3. Open your browser and write: LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/index.php

4. If PHP is installed in the correct way you should get the login page but with some error. This is not for screaming :D We'll fix it... Edit the file \phpmyadmin\config.inc.php with Notepad (or any other text editor). Find this line cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; and change it to $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; Then... find this line $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = ''; Inside '' put any word you want, like "http://forums.xisto.com/" and this should look like $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'trap17.com;;

Save the file in notepad. Then refresh LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/index.php

And you should get a login page with no errors. To login to phpMyAdmin, use "root" as the Username, and for the password, use the root password you chose when installing MySQL.

That is all :P

I am going to show to all members (beginning developers :P ) how to install phpMyAdmin on Windows local machine. First of all.. For those who doesn't know what is phpMyAdmin I'll try to explain it. phpMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL databases. You can read more to learn it here.

Here are the requirements for the installation:

PHP Installed

MySQL Installed

Apache Web server 2.x.x Installed

Let the party begin! :P

1.Go to the phpMyAdmin download page:

https://www.phpmyadmin.net/downloads/

2.Download one of the ZIP Package for phpMyAdmin. Then extract the files from the ZIP to htdocs/phpmyadmin ( make sure you have opened /phpmyadmin dir. in the htdocs folder ).

3. Open your browser and write: LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/index.php

4. If PHP is installed in the correct way you should get the login page but with some error. This is not for screaming :D We'll fix it... Edit the file \phpmyadmin\config.inc.php with Notepad (or any other text editor). Find this line cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; and change it to $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie'; Then... find this line $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = ''; Inside '' put any word you want, like "http://forums.xisto.com/" and this should look like $cfg['blowfish_secret'] = 'trap17.com;;

Save the file in notepad. Then refresh LOCALHOST/phpmyadmin/index.php

And you should get a login page with no errors. To login to phpMyAdmin, use "root" as the Username, and for the password, use the root password you chose when installing MySQL.

That is all :P

Nice tutorial But It is much easy that what you mention.

Use WAMP Server or XAMP Server which includes Phpmyadmin.

They are double click installer windows package

still...cant open itInstalling Phpmyadmin On Local Machine (windows)

still I did everything you have and others said but there's no use. It always keep asking me if I want to open or save or cancel "Download Window" I just lost my mind cause it wont work no matter what I do!

HELP! 

-reply by Maxy