xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Music Into The Forun I know it can be done but has it been tried?

tonite I got to thinking Has Xisto ever thought of having a music player or a radio station playing here in the forum? I think it would be cool as heck to be able to listen to some tunes as we read and post topics.

Yes, and be able to request music too! When you want to hear something specific. I think it would be totally awesome to have. Since I no longer keep music on my computer, I keep going through batteries on my cd player. A music player here on trap would be just the thing. :P

I would be against because of the fact I find those music players annoying especially when they auto-load every time you either refresh a page or go to a new link. On top of that it would slow down the loading of the website and with people on slow connections they will find it very bothersome and just stop coming to the forums. So a suggestion would be to use your own music while surfing the forums instead.

Yes, and be able to request music too! When you want to hear something specific. I think it would be totally awesome to have. Since I no longer keep music on my computer, I keep going through batteries on my cd player. A music player here on trap would be just the thing. :P

I would be against because of the fact I find those music players annoying especially when they auto-load every time you either refresh a page or go to a new link. On top of that it would slow down the loading of the website and with people on slow connections they will find it very bothersome and just stop coming to the forums. So a suggestion would be to use your own music while surfing the forums instead.

Yes sadly that would be the only drawback, but there many ways to put a player here and would not need to be auto starting, even though I use one that is I hate them, because the slow down the page. and it also wouldnt have to be a

music player

maybe one of many internet radio stations. I happen to know of one that would kill to have a place like this.

I also agree wit you my friend. Playing music on forum. it definitely slower the forum website loading. We need to search about many topics. If you want to listen music while writing posts, you can play music on your computer through any music player.

tonite I got to thinking Has Xisto ever thought of having a music player or a radio station playing here in the forum? I think it would be cool as heck to be able to listen to some tunes as we read and post topics.

Not a bad idea dear friend but as you only pointed out the problem of slowing down in load music or radio stations so if that problem is resolved them this is a really cool idea I think and should be considered by the admins.?

Well that problem is solved by making the stream to open in a new window so you don't have to worry about refreshing. But i don't really think it should be, you can listen to any internet radio everywhere, so you can listen to the music you want. But it would be possible to make a CD for opaque to make more money: "Xisto: GREATEST HITS" :P And if you could buy that with mycents it would be great too :P*shhh, OpaQue, you'll pay me right? my idea!* :PEDIT: typos

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

Well that problem is solved by making the stream to open in a new window so you don't have to worry about refreshing.
But i don't really think it should be, you can listen to any internet radio everywhere, so you can listen to the music you want.

But it would be possible to make a CD for opaque to make more money: "Xisto: GREATEST HITS" :P And if you could buy that with mycents it would be great too :P

*shhh, OpaQue, you'll pay me right? my idea!* :P

EDIT: typos

well yea, but then again Xisto radio. but bandwidth would be a killer there.

At the least they could post a link to an affiliate station. Sort of a trade in advertising. Especially for those of us who never bothered to search for online radio, and don't know any good ones. lol