xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Evacuation Plans Page Not Found or has been moved

Okay as a lot of you know of my site I deal with the weather and everything. Today I was going to add a few little things to it such as a state by state evacuation plan which every state should I thought have posted on the internet. Well as I searched starting with my home state of New Jersey I was shocked to find it was a 404 error page could not be found or has been moved! I mean how stupid can you been to take away or even to move a site like this without having a backup site already up and going? I mean come on. That is so foolish to me. Well after I looked even more using a few more keywords some offbeat I did find a PDF file of a plan. but old and not very clear on what routs to take. Don't they know that there are peoples lives at stake here? Do they even give a rats Beep? Yes there are signed posted on roads of a evcuation rout but it should also be posted here in the internet as it is in other states.This has me so beepping mad. I voted for these people and I now find for what? nothing but Beeping BS

Try to look in some like google archives, or something like that.
Contact the NJ gov.

did look into the arcs and couldnt find anything. I did however find a PDF file but the road names and highways are not marked that well and it looks rather out of date. I have written our States EOC Emergency Operation Center of this as well. A plan like this Should be up 24/7 regaurdless of any problems or updating of any servers. Most southern states have a plan not only on that states server but on a backup one as well. This god forbid could get someone killed.

Wow, Echo, I didn't realize you were so passionate about it. But I see your point. Every state should have that, and in my honest opinion not just one either. There should be several evacuation plans for different crisis. If you ask me there is also a serious lack of shelters in rural areas. I live 20 miles from town and have no car. If there was ever a tornado or something to come this way, were beeped.

The whole thing is,and this may be naive but one never really
thinks of Northern climates as being suseptible to
weather catastraphies as such. Sure it may get cold,
but I've never really heard of any really bad Northern
hurricanes or Earth quakes or Tornados.
These seem to be more of a southerly thing,so maybe there isn't much
of a proper weather catastrophie plan for many states,hence the
404 page.
I mean, whats the chances of a weather catastraphe in say
New york state?

Sorry.I thought you meant specifically weather catastraphe rather
than general catastraphe.
Yes. A general evacuation page should be available at all times.

I found this page here:
http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/plan/evacuation-routes.html

Edited by networker (see edit history)

The whole thing is,and this may be naive but one never reallythinks of Northern climates as being suseptible to
weather catastraphies as such. Sure it may get cold,
but I've never really heard of any really bad Northern
hurricanes or Earth quakes or Tornados.
These seem to be more of a southerly thing,so maybe there isn't much
of a proper weather catastrophie plan for many states,hence the
404 page.
I mean, whats the chances of a weather catastraphe in say
New york state?

Sorry.I thought you meant specifically weather catastraphe rather
than general catastraphe.
Yes. A general evacuation page should be available at all times.

I found this page here:
http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/plan/evacuation-routes.html

yea I found that too. Thing is the PDF maps are not very clear if you need them in a hurry. Also my state of NJ true we only have about 3 or 4 tornados a year. most being in the EF-0 or EF-1 range. which as tornados go. isnt that bad. as for Quakes? There are always small trimmers in the NE USA just so small you rarely here of them. Believe it or not you have a fault line that runs right through NYC! Hurricanes? Well the last hit new jersey had was in Sept of 1903, so you see we are long over due. And with the patterns changing in the hurricanes as they have over the last 5 yrs. Our chances are up to 11.5 percent. which is up from the 8.2 of last and the 5.0 of the year before that. Yes people here in not only NJ but all of the NE have become naive as you say. But and some day I am crying wolf but. they best have there stuff together, because it will happen oneday. Maybe this year. maybe next. who really knows. But look at it this way. 106 yrs is a long time without a direct hit of a hurricane. something has gotta give.