xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixinno

Dell Studio 15

Personally I hate dell laptops.Most of the ones i have used just.. dont work well! But thats just my opinion, most of the ones I have used were around 5 years old, and some that I repair now are brand new.. Such as one of those mini dell notebooks, it just.. died one day.. It was sent to me and the problem was that the battery was just completely dead.Dells don't seem to use the full potential for the technology, but they do offer good budget laptops. (except for the XPS)Good luck with your laptop.

Personally I hate dell laptops.
Most of the ones i have used just.. dont work well! But thats just my opinion, most of the ones I have used were around 5 years old, and some that I repair now are brand new.. Such as one of those mini dell notebooks, it just.. died one day.. It was sent to me and the problem was that the battery was just completely dead.

Dells don't seem to use the full potential for the technology, but they do offer good budget laptops. (except for the XPS)

Good luck with your laptop.

If I said what I really feel of Dell, I would be banned faster than S_M's spam. I have owned 2 dell computers in my life, both desktops and both junk. Both times I would call them to find out a problem I was having and they was like you idiot real your owner manual.

Guess that's why I now own a gateway. never had any problems. and when I have had to call, they was very helpful and nice.

I would say the best laptop makers right now are Gateway, and HP, for affordable laptops I believe, and ones that work..Not trying to make you mad about buying a Dell, but It wouldnt have been my choice, it also depends on what your standards are.

I have a dell studio 15, and I love it. It's my first computer, so I don't really know of any other laptops to compare it to, so I don't really know if my opinion is valid. The only problem that I have had with it so far is the touch sensitive media keys-occasionally they don't work, or it goes on and all of a sudden blasts up the volume if you are listening to music. But it usually only happens when you start it up, for the first few minutes, and then its find again.

I bought 2 dell studio 15's within the last 3 months one for my self and one for my mom.  They are virtually identical except for a bit of software.  I have loved mine and not had a single problem.  My moms however has been a problem from the second it came out of the box.  First the keyboard would not respond correctly and only capture a few letters of a sentence. We would also hear a grinding sort of sound internally, once in a while. So they sent us a keyboard and I had to install it.  (which is fine with me to do except they should have taken care of it)  new keyboard did not fix the problem. So when I called back I was on the phone for several hours with a technician that I could barely understand and we had to basically reinstall the os.  Then is seemed to fix the problem. Its been working along fine until this week one day when the grinding sound started up again followed by a  'POP' a flame shooting out by the power cord and smoke.  Terrible smell.  Called dell and they said I had to talk to tech support to get the return started. The tech (again very hard to understand and not responsive AT ALL) spent several hours on the phone having me basically taking the computer apart and looking for the problem.  Finally concluding that I needed a new motherboard and processor.  They would send a tec out to replace those for me.  When the tech called to set the appointment up and I told him there had been fire, he said that it had to go back to dell and I should've been sent a new computer. But I had to go through tech support again!  He gave me a more direct number and when I called they thought I was the tech because of the line I'd called on and when they found out I wasn't wanted me to call a different number.  This is after 30 minutes of holding to get a live person.  I said 'NO, DO NOT PUT ME ON HOLD!  DO NOT SEND ME SOMEWHERE ELSE.  I was told you would be setting up shipment of my new computer and I expect you to do it now."  Supposedly it will be here next week.

I have purchased 5 computers from dell and this is the first one that I have had problems with.

I think any company and any product has the possibility of producing a lemon once in a while.

I love Dell Dell Studio 15

Today I just got my Dell Studio 15 home. Before that I used Dell Precision M90

Both have worked 100% fine by now, no problem at all.

I had my Dell Precision for 3? year and the only problem I had was a few scratches (accidently made by myself) and that my "and" button on my keyboard broke. Other then that it was awesome! 

Dell's laptops are so easy to handle. If you were to format your computer, you only have to install few drivers. (Gfx drivers for my M90, no drivers at all for my S15)

So yeah, Dell Laptops are awesome. Best purchase you could probably had made!

-reply by Jesper Keller

buy 9Cell or 6 Cell studio 15 batteryDell Studio 15

are 9-Cells heavy?

it comes with a 9-Cell Battery as the only option.

6 Cell weight 415.5g,9 Cell Weight 568.2 That is the replacement battery weight.

Do they get annoying have a bit sticking out at the back?

yes 9 Cell will sticking out

you can see the Battery Photo:6 Cell Dell Studio 15 Battery

9 Cell Dell Studio 15 Laptop Battery

-reply by John