xisto Community
Baniboy

Trap17 Spam Topics Im sick of them

Every day I come to Xisto I see some new topics about "how to earn money online" and similar ones. And you can see the member has done only 1 post and it's mosty likely that you won't ever see him/her/bot again.Why do these topics get approved by moderators/admins? They are obviously spam. I think Xisto shouldn't let anyone that has done under 5 posts to make a new topic in any other section than introductions. So before they can start making spam topics, they have to post a little and that will mess bots up. Or will it? I don't know I'm not a bot :PAlso S_M should drop that spamming :P it's really sickening people here! :D I'M SERIOUS!!! :P

Every day I come to Xisto I see some new topics about "how to earn money online" and similar ones.
And you can see the member has done only 1 post and it's mosty likely that you won't ever see him/her/bot again.

Why do these topics get approved by moderators/admins? They are obviously spam.

I think Xisto shouldn't let anyone that has done under 5 posts to make a new topic in any other section than introductions. So before they can start making spam topics, they have to post a little and that will mess bots up. Or will it? I don't know I'm not a bot :P

Also S_M should drop that spamming :P it's really sickening people here! :D I'M SERIOUS!!! :P

Bani I agree with you 110%. I too have seen all these how to make money posts. some are valid yes. but honest some I have seen are just true spam for there sites or a clear cut and pasting. Just a thought but maybe Opaque should think of making that part of the forum strickly moderated where the moderator could check into these posts to see if they are valided or just junk. Would not suprise me any of a lot of these 1 time posters are just a scam.

The cure for Spammers like the one you describe, comes to the Xisto and makes a single post with links back to their "monet making site", can be REPORTed and a Moderator will review them.

Equally feeble are the members who load up their signatures before making a single posting and never seen again, but their Siggy lives on forever.

So we can start reporting those 1 post "Go here" posts... What about those who post just one line. "I agree with that" type posts, those who post just a couple words that are clearly under the 150(I think) character minimum. The ones where there is nothing substantial, nothing really added to the post, just spam basically. I've seen a lot of those.

So we can start reporting those 1 post "Go here" posts... What about those who post just one line. "I agree with that" type posts, those who post just a couple words that are clearly under the 150(I think) character minimum. The ones where there is nothing substantial, nothing really added to the post, just spam basically. I've seen a lot of those.

Yes, please report those as well. But there is no hard and fast rule about the number of characters that a Post must have.
In all honesty, there are topics where a single word or a short phrase is a suitable reply.
Please consider the Topic in full before reporting a single word reply.

For example, in a Topic requesting information on the WWW's best Free Hosting Forum, the reply "Xisto.com" might be considered Not Spam. :P

Yes, I mean it's not how short the answer is, but the content, if it's something that doesn't add anything to the topic, then it can be considered Spam, but if it's an interesting short answer then it's good. And yes I have seen those how to earn money online post, I don't even read them, I receive enough spam on my email account to waste my time reading some more, and there isn't a specific part of the forum where those offers should be?? there it's easier to control and only put the ones that really work and help you make extra money.

Every day I come to Xisto I see some new topics about "how to earn money online" and similar ones.
And you can see the member has done only 1 post and it's mosty likely that you won't ever see him/her/bot again.

Why do these topics get approved by moderators/admins? They are obviously spam.

I think Xisto shouldn't let anyone that has done under 5 posts to make a new topic in any other section than introductions. So before they can start making spam topics, they have to post a little and that will mess bots up. Or will it? I don't know I'm not a bot :P

Also S_M should drop that spamming :P it's really sickening people here! :D I'M SERIOUS!!! :P

Dear Bani I should say that you are absolutely right in saying that even I have seen many of them just using this forum for their advertisements and nothing else. Obviously these newbie members are never seen again many a times so as you said to start a new topic a member should have some number of posts made beforehead but even I have seen some spam and reported to the admin about it. And one of them was as a reply on a topic with some bad materials entirely not matching to the topic. So obviously all of the sincere members out here should take care about these points and report about such activities whenever such activites take place in our forum. 

Ah, we all love hate spammers. Although SM is a spammer good poster he never spams. :P

Anyways, as haslip said above, just hit the "Report" button and report the spammers. :P Only best way to cure it.

I do think what Baniboy was referring to honestly was the ones that have popped up lately selling things such as computers and parts. they have been posted in the wrong areas of the forum. Also looking as cut and pasts as well.

its about the quality not the quantaty of the post. if the person can get a decent message accross in a one or two liner then that is fine (i think - its been a little while since i've read the rules).

Ah, we all love hate spammers. Although SM is a spammer good poster he never spams. :P

Anyways, as haslip said above, just hit the "Report" button and report the spammers. :P Only best way to cure it.

From your post,i first know the func of the "Report" button :P

But i think i won't click it.hehe

It make someone to be like a delator...I think so...

If it's really a spammer ,admins will deal with it!

good luck!