xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

keyboard not working at all How To Reset Your Bios (guide)

keyboard not working at allHow To Reset Your Bios (guide)

Hi everyone, I had a problem with my desktop, when I tried to enter cmos F2 didn't respond, so I reset the bios and after boot I have tried all buttons and I found the right one, it was "my music" - strange, but after that reset when I'm asked to press any key to boot from cd/dvd... Keyboard does not work at all. In cmos works ok. If anyone can help me, may be I just have to change something in cmos settings...

question by evilgeniusorg

keyboard not working at all

How To Reset Your Bios (guide)

<p>Hi everyone, I had a problem with my desktop, when I tried to enter cmos F2 didn't respond, so I reset the bios and after boot I have tried all buttons and I found the right one, it was "my music" - strange, but after that reset when I'm asked to press any key to boot from cd/dvd... Keyboard does not work at all. In cmos works ok. If anyone can help me, may be I just have to change something in cmos settings... </p>

<p> </p>

<p><em>question by evilgeniusorg</em></p>

1st what kind of PC is it? sounds to me as you have changed the bios from there org settings. Had that happen to me once or twice and there a pain to reset

If it's Windows xp,temporarily, you can use a screen keyboardthat you can find in accessories/accessibility.You use a mouse with it. I had that problem once.I reinstalled the operating system andthat fixed it.

Will it let you turn on keys such as Num Lock? Does the light respond?I had this problem before. Certain keyboards do not power on until around the time Windows/your operating system does. This usually happens with USB keyboards. I had to dig up and old PS/2 Keyboard. If this doesn't work, I'll be glad to help you out some more.

there can be many problems with why your keyboard is not working. i guess i will have to go through them one by one and ticking away as u go along. if ur keyboard light comes on with the numlock and the allcabs then ur keyboard is at least coming on,so it may be a software problem.most of the time it would be its just ont connected good or you are simple over stressing urself when its a really simple solution. you could try reinstaling the operating system but this would be the easy way and it would cost you time so try other methods before doing this. if you do reinstall the os and it is still having problems(you said you reseted the bios so that is already out of the picture) then i could recommend u buy a new keyboard(they are not expensive).good luck with solving yor problem.i hope this helps

i ve same problemkeyboard not working at all

I tried ps2 keyboard and usb too..But stil not working.It just bling once during turn on

-reply by NAZRIF