xisto Community
curtis07

Internet Forums

What's with the Internet forums?! I can't seem to post there. I'm a member level 1, so it should work, but after I post, they don't actually show up. If they eventually do, the admins will likely be angry at me for triple-posting. I tried to post there twice, then gave up and went to another section (computers >> networks, or something like that). Are they waiting to be approved like the tutorial section does? It doesn't say that anywhere.

New topics in Internet forums need moderator's approval. Please wait till a moderator accepts it. PM a moderator if you find someone online.... :P

Indeed, as Xpress mentions, the Internet Forum was taking a fair amount of Spam, so the controls are to have Moderator Approval for Topics in that Forum. I know it is a bother for the regular members, but it reduces the amount of Spam considerably. Well, the Mods see the Spam and delete it, but the Bots don't see it and neither do the members.We try to review the list of Pending Topics regularly, but, well, we have lives outside of the Xisto ( :P ), and dealing with the normal workload of a Moderator can sometimes make the schedule hectic when we are on the Fourm. Kindly excuse our tardiness. Sorry about any inconvenience.

Indeed, as Xpress mentions, the Internet Forum was taking a fair amount of Spam, so the controls are to have Moderator Approval for Topics in that Forum. I know it is a bother for the regular members, but it reduces the amount of Spam considerably. Well, the Mods see the Spam and delete it, but the Bots don't see it and neither do the members.
We try to review the list of Pending Topics regularly, but, well, we have lives outside of the Xisto ( :P ), and dealing with the normal workload of a Moderator can sometimes make the schedule hectic when we are on the Fourm. Kindly excuse our tardiness. Sorry about any inconvenience.

Agreed, and as you may have noticed too JP, it'd not only there but every part of our forum has been getting a lot of true spam as of late.

Agreed, and as you may have noticed too JP, it'd not only there but every part of our forum has been getting a lot of true spam as of late.

I actually laughed when that one person posted their 5 page stories that you would normally see on blogs, like "And she went to the store to buy WOW GOLD for her son and also bought some new bowls and a WOW POWERLEVELING cereal."

Something about those just make me laugh.

I find it sad that people keep trying to destroy such a nice system, and ruin it for the rest of us.