xisto Community
xpress

Suggestion About Kontera Ad Revenue Sharing to disable ad revenue sharing to all members

The idea of Ad revenue sharing is really a great one. I really appreciate it. No other community ever tried to share its ads profit to its members. :P But I think it is not working as expected. It is very very difficult to reach the minimum payout $100 and we have to wait for very long time. And also many clicks and impressions are wasted as some members are not satisfied with this and quitting from this service. So, I think it is better to disable this revenue sharing for all other members and only OpaQue should use it. Because at this rate we'll never reach the minimum payout(what I mean is it will take very long time to reach minimum payout, and most people quit). But a single account can reach the limit easily. So, if only OpaQue use this service, Xisto(OpaQue) will earn some money through these kontera ads. This will support some expenses of Xisto and in return we'll get some other features..... :P The free hosting and free domains are the biggest services we're getting here. So, lets request OpaQue to display his own ads(by dsabling ours) to earn money to spend more on these services. In this way we'll get much more interesting and promising services.... :P So, What do you think of this idea friends?

I would be okay with that suggestion. My Kontera account is growing so slowly that it is going to be a long time before it pays off.I agree that the Xisto could have the revenue.

i say keep it. :P it is always an option for a member not to partake of the ad revenue sharing here on Xisto anyway. one could simply not add one's kontera ID in the forums if the concept of sharing in profits generated by the kontera ads on one's posts is deemed not a good idea.add to this the fact that some members simply don't use kontera on Xisto alone. as we are in the hosting industry, and our members come in here to post and acquire hosting, members use them in sites they create also. now, if the opportunity to generate income from your posts in here can add up to the income generated from one's other sites, then it is a bonus i for one will not shy away from. :P come to think of it, you'll earn way faster if your kontera ID is included here. additional Xisto traffic is far greater than many of our member sites can generate alone on their sites. and the end result is a far greater opportunity to be more profitable too using kontera. we just need to learn not to be impatient. :D from a standpoint of running both google adsense and kontera, and comparing the income generated from both for december 2008, i'd say that i'm surprised to note that my kontera earnings are bigger than my adsense earnings. :P i feel i can far more easily reach payout with kontera than with adsense. and all because i am allowed to share in the revenues from the forum using kontera. :Pand opaque is so generous and we need to thank him for the opportunity. :D we earn mycents for hosting and other web services, and we also earn from kontera ads.

add to this the fact that some members simply don't use kontera on Xisto alone. as we are in the hosting industry, and our members come in here to post and acquire hosting, members use them in sites they create also.

I had the same idea. But recently observing the kontera montly reports, the daily average impressions for me are 25 and barely 9 click till now..And the total amount I earned for 45 days period is $0.36. And most members are also nearly same.
If our earnings with Xisto which have good traffic is like above(I know, its sharing process), then how much we earn with our own site, which have very little traffic? :P

Thats why I came to a conclusion that we're bypasing and wasting some of the Xisto's income, which Xisto alone could reach the payout easily and use it in a good way. :P

And I don't like kontera ads on my own site. Most people feel them irritating because they popup suddenly when some one move their mouse over it.

But if you think you're earning good income from kontera, I don't have any problem with that. :P

OpaQue already has Kontera ads for Xisto. Albeit, the chances of those ads of showing up is 1% (i.e. according to the Kontera topic). OpaQue should modify the script and increase his percentage. And if you haven't noticed, the sign-up link is a referral link. So the more people sign up, OpaQue gets some income.

I see what you mean about low earnings. I get 35-50 impressions a day and I've earned less than 40 cents so far as well. I get 1 click a day, if that.But about using it as a bonus to a site that you already have, I agree it's a good idea(assuming you *are* using Kontera on your site).I personally am not sure what type of advertising to go with on mine yet, so for me this is a way to learn Kontera, how it works, how efficient it is, etc.And truefusion - no, I didn't notice that it had his referral link,lol.

Well I would have to disagree about removing kontera because if you got a website here you might as well add them to your website to help boost revenue and thanks to that I am getting quite a few impressions in the area of 200-300 a day and I get a few clicks here and there. Sure I wish I could get more clicks out of it but you have to remember though that in order to increase the number of links on trap is by posting and the best way to do that is create new topics. Since the kontera links usually appear in the first couple of posts and so the more topics you post the more links that show up. However, everyone should have realize though that earning revenue here on trap wouldn't make them instant millionaires overnight and so you have to be patient and of course use your website to help generate more revenue.

It's a fine idea xpress, as I have 5-6 clicks and getting to $100 is kinda... too far to reach and to expect, even from a forum that's very visited like this one :P

If more than 90% of the users don't have a problem with turning it off, I see no reason why OpaQue shouldn't do that.

Well, you can earn more money faster if you make lots of spam quality topics that can be reached by Google or other search engines and you also spam reply a lot then you can take those $100 in like what.. a year? :P

Maybe as the site grows more and more we'll have more people visit the links? Never know...For me, I look at it as "Anything is better than nothing."I'm still pretty suprised that Trap would allow us the chance in the first place, considering they could have taken 100% of the revenue if they wanted.