xisto Community
puneye

Broadband Or Optical Fibres which is better ??

Which internet connection is better Broadband or Optical fibres.Please help me. suppose same bandwidth.

Broadband usually is fibre optics...Fibre optics is just a way to get more throughput. Broadband is anything faster than dial-up.So which one is best? Neither. Essentially they are the same thing.

Hi friend I suppose you are not able to understand the basic diff b/w broadband and fiber optics....Actually broadband is the service offered by the operator which is very highspeed internet. and the operator offers you the service by the help of fiber optics.........Hope this was helpfull

Normally fibre optics consists of light being transferred. It can reach speeds of over 1Gbp/s although I'm not sure but I think two CAT 7 cables twisted can reach 10Gbp/s. I just stick with normal internet provided in my area my transfer download rate is 8MBp/s though :D

Edited by cicala (see edit history)

Lol No what he means is like, Copper wire's which is like what most house's have or Fibre Optics like Virgin media use, I would go for Fibre's dude it is so much faster and with a hacked modem you can get off ebay I can download a game in about 10 minutes where as with normal one's it would take you about 3 hour's!

Lol No what he means is like, Copper wire's which is like what most house's have or Fibre Optics like Virgin media use, I would go for Fibre's dude it is so much faster and with a hacked modem you can get off ebay I can download a game in about 10 minutes where as with normal one's it would take you about 3 hour's!

Actually in AUS our fastest residential internet at the fastest transfer rate can download a game [approx 4-6gb] within 5min, or a movie in 3min. This I am sure is based on 2 twisted CAT7 cables. Fibre optics in residential internet is only got a speed of 1Gbp/s. I am sure of this...