xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadplayer

Top Free Online Strategy Games

1. Travian - Travian is a massively multiplayer resource management game where macro management is the key to winning. Travian feels like a game of Risk, but with thousands of players online at any given time. With Travian, you will find a game in which MMO staples like fighting, levelling and resource-management sit alongside hanging around, lingering, and generally killing time.

Official site: http://www.travian.com/

post-127223-0-05971400-1332129876_thumb.jpg

2. Ikariam - An online civilization type MMO based on ancient Greece that reminds me a lot of Civilization or Age of Empires – except that you can play it in your web browser for free and you don't have to download any software to your computer. It is also a micro-managing game of city expansion, alliances, residents you must keep happy, and resource managing, all in a multiplayer world.

Official site: http://us.ikariam.gameforge.com/

post-127223-0-04176900-1332129867_thumb.jpg

3. Lords Of Evil - Lords of Evil is a browser based MMORPG where players take on the role of a tactician and lead their nation from rags to riches. Play as one of three races; Human, Orc or Demon. Construct castles, barracks and mines to amass enough gold, lumber, and ore to hire soldiers and assemble an army with which to raid other cities. Lords of Evil also features a nifty guild system and an auto levelling system, which allows your character to continue training while you are away.

Official site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Posted Image

4. Tribal Wars -Tribal Wars is a browser based strategy game where players take control of a small medieval village and build it into a prosperous empire. Harvest lumber, clay and iron and upgrade your village's buildings. Your goal is to lead a medieval village to fame and power. With your help the small village will grow bigger and bigger.

Official site: https://www.tribalwars.net/

Posted Image

5. Conquer Club -Conquer Club is a turn-based strategy game similar to the very popular world domination board game Risk. Opponents engage in combat and the last remaining player wins. The game is played on a map, divided into regions, which are grouped into zones.

Official Website: http://www.conquerclub.com/

Posted Image

6. Battle Dawn -What makes the free strategy game so tasty? It is made entirely out of flash. It is totallly based on strategy, community and skill. Your goal is to ultimately become the strongest leader on earth, supreme to all others. You must learn to use diplomacy, resources and military to aid in your quest for ultimate power. You'll soon discover that greatness can be only achieved through teamwork.

Official Website: http://www.battledawn.com/

Posted Image

Have an addition?

Of the top two, it really depends on the style of game play you prefer. Travian is a more agressive game, where players are allowed to directly affect another's account by destroying their villages with catapults. Since the servers have time-limits, it's a big race to see who is the greatest player on the server, and it is a very demanding game. However Ikariam focuses more on the peaceful side. Attacking a player yields only resources and the destruction of their troops. There is no way possible to affect an account directly, and the servers have no time limit, making it a very peaceful game. So choose wisely, as both games do require you to spend time and effort on developing your account.

AOM(AGE OF MYTHOLOGY) Top Free Online Strategy GamesThat Ikariam game really reminds me of AOM I play it alot and I'm really good if u want u can play it online at gameranger.Com (for gameranger you need the age of mythology disc downloaded to your computer and u need to download gameranger) the benifit of gameranger is that u can play people from all over the world. And if u have lots of disc games like AOE1,2 or 3 u can play that to there are like 500 disc game to choose from! (for more visit gameranger.Com)Have fun-

reply by wont tell

I can say Atlantica Online is a strategy based game which uses a similar system like Final Fantasy. Its the first of its kind to be introduced within an online mmo setting. I only got to try the game once but it seemed fair but due to my laptop being really fail sauce, I couldn't really move about the way I wanted within the game due to too much players. T_T

I've found a few good free strategy games. Glest - Fantasy RTS, Warzone 2100- Great game, once commercial now free, and Globulation - Simplistic, but free and unique.

Eivony and Civony are quite like Tribal wars -check into those, they're quite fun. A great medival rts is Rise of Nations, but you need to purchase a disk for that one. Rome total war and Civilization Revolution are good too. Depends on what you like. 

-reply by Chris

Hero MagesTop Free Online Strategy Games

If you like a little more intense/battle focused strategy with some RPG elements, check out Hero Mages (http://www.heromages.com/). It's turn-based strategy game that plays like a board game- allowing you to directly control each of your units as well as use cards to cast spells. Games are short and much less involved- perfect for when you want a quick, engaging brawl with your friends vs. Months of commitment farming resources.

-reply by RedDragon

Nile OnlineTop Free Online Strategy Games

Being a peaceful soul, I really enjoy Nile online (http://playnileonline.com/) It's free, although you can buy some scarabs, if you like, and spiffy up your cities with extras. You can't attack or plunder cities at all, only the monuments that players build (which are the only place to get limestone, a resource needed at the later stages of the game). I very much like the Egyptian theme. Emphasis is on trading, not battles, and I found most of the players to be really nice and helpful. I've played most of the games listed here, and most of them are too battle-oriented for me. This game is open-ended - the goal is to make it the level of pharaoh, and if and when you get tired of playing, you can "entomb" yourself. Your tomb will be more or less ornate, depending on your ranking at the time of your "death". Your name will be retired, but be displayed on the tomb as a permanent reminder, and there is also a list ranking all the former pharaohs.

-reply by Ilka Marsh

Another great text and turn based strategy game for free online is Kingsword (King Sword) at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It's a wel put together and thought out game with a friendly and intelligent player base. It's a lot of fun and well worth checking out! Here is the preview of the game..

"The High King is dead; the lesser kings are vying for the throne. Will you aid them in their ambition or will you declare yourself king and claim the coveted Kings'world for yourself? " The choice is yours!

post-127223-0-80479500-1332131234_thumb.jpgWarGearTop Free Online Strategy Games

If you're into Risk like games then personally I highly recommend WarGear (http://www.wargear.net/) - awesome intuitive interface, public / private gaming, teamplay, fog of war and loads of other gaming options.

There's a map that's identical to Risk (Global Warfare) plus about 60 others so there's heaps of variety.

Oh and best of all it's completely free with no advertising. Highly recommended.

-reply by Jimbo

Evony Online: http://www.evony.com/ should also be considered a great game. Evony is another strategic massively multiplayer online game. It's infamous for its advertising technique: use of spambots to post unsolicited comments to blogs with a backlink. And its use of "sexy" girls on ads. Majority of its players stopped playing it because of these activities. But if we take their means out of the equation, evony does offer a great gameplay I'm sure any Travian player will enjoy.

I've got here through a google search.

In the last 3 years i've been playing all types of browser-games, but only one really got me and this is cs-manager. On it you manage a counter-strike team. And don't get me wrong, you don't need to be a former counter-strike player to enjoy it, even the tactical strategy, the game engine, differs completely from the actual game by valve. The community is very active and friendly, on the foruns or the irc. I gave it a few days to get used to it (as to any strategy game) and got quite addicted after that.

I hope someone enjoy it ^^

In my opinion Travian is the best browser game. It's complex , fun and with alot of ways to grow your Village.

it was like a rip off of tribal wars. How is it the best? There's Pawngame, Deadfrontier, runescape, etc. Probably could top RTS but not the whole browser based game rank. It also looks extremely kiddish... I honestly hate RTS because they require time and if you really didn't play when the game started, you aren't in the lead

it was like a rip off of tribal wars. How is it the best? There's Pawngame, Deadfrontier, runescape, etc. Probably could top RTS but not the whole browser based game rank. It also looks extremely kiddish... I honestly hate RTS because they require time and if you really didn't play when the game started, you aren't in the lead

RTS is not every ones ball game...so I will say stay out of this blog if u dont likt RTS.
Coming to best game...I have plaied Travian 3 times and still playing for the 4th time...the only factor that drives me in Travian is the end game. I know where the game ends. this gives a meaning to all my village development and growth going on throught the game.
I am really looking for a game that have a end. I am also playing Tribal war and thought if others too...but all of them lag in one thing...what for i am playing it!!!! whats my goal in the game???..
Till now i have found all games other than Travian as 'aim less arrow'. If anyone know any game like travian please mail me..i will be thankfull for that..my id: ayan_051@yahoo.com