xisto Community
mm22

About Republishing Articles how good/bad/effective is that practice?

There are dozens of articles directories on the web. These websites store thousands of articles from various authors and encourage people to republish those articles on their websites as long as they cite the source, i.e. the article directory and the author name. It is surely an attractive way to fill your newly created website but I wonder what the repercussions on SEO are, and which side is more vulnerable (i.e. the republisher or the article directory?).Another thought regarding this issue... say I have a website/blog on which I regularly publish things that I myself write. If I am then posting in Xisto (or another forum) and I find a request/topic for whom one of my articles fit perfectly, I do copy and paste and create two copies of the same articles on two different websites (my site/blog and the forum). I believe this "self-plagiarism" is legitimate as I am the copyright owner for that piece of work, but again is it good for search engine ranking of my site/blog? I'd expect the forum receives more hits (if it is a popular one like trap :P) and thus outweighs my site in search engines.Any insight on this matter?Thanks :P

Usually the republishing of articles is a bad thing, especially for SEO and of course search engines as well, and so if your expecting your website to get a high PR you won't get it. Of course, the reason why these articles asking to publish there stuff on your website is that you will always be giving them a back link to their site and so the more articles you posts the more links they get and the better SEO they get. While it is good for them it is usually bad for you since you won't get anything out of it while those other websites do.Well what I like to do is if I plan to post stuff on trap and on my website, which I do, I stick with Xisto first, that way I can earn my points there and then I upload the article to my site next. Its a simple trick that benefits you both ways but if you post it to your website first then you have to quote it here on Xisto and not earn anything from it.

I just recently began submitting articles to directories.Many article directories have a long registration processand many don't allow hyperlinks to be in the articles. It can take some time to find directories that will be acceptable.So far, my article is in three directories and one is still "pending".That's when the entire site is available for me to see.lol. So far,the readership views have been really slow. If I'm sounding negative,the only positive I can say from thisis that it's only been about two weeks so far since I first submitted. Hopefully time will improve things.

I just submitted an article to the ezsomething listing. I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head. But it's one of the more popular ones...After ~4 days it was accepted and I was moved to a "full member" where I can post as many articles as I want, assuming they are all long enough.So I have a question regarding this....The articles that I should be posting are the same ones as on my site, correct? What I did with the first one(that they thought was awesome) was just copy and paste what I had on my website, and then added the link to my site in the bottom of it where it asked. Is that the most efficient way to do it, or should I be paraphrasing it on their site and having the full listing on mine?I'm really just worried about the indexing process on things like that. I'm assuming it shouldn't hurt to do it as I am, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hi guys, thanks for your replies... good trick Saint_Michael :P maybe you can even get some useful hint from posting on trap first, like other users giving you advice or so, in this way you can improve your article before posting it to your website...About article directories, yeah I had the same feeling as well, that is not useful for you but useful for them... that's always the case anyway, there's no free lunch :P But if something can make your lunch even a little bit cheaper (or tastier...) then I think it is worth exploring :P

Usually the republishing of articles is a bad thing, especially for SEO and of course search engines as well, and so if your expecting your website to get a high PR you won't get it. Of course, the reason why these articles asking to publish there stuff on your website is that you will always be giving them a back link to their site and so the more articles you posts the more links they get and the better SEO they get. While it is good for them it is usually bad for you since you won't get anything out of it while those other websites do.
Well what I like to do is if I plan to post stuff on trap and on my website, which I do, I stick with Xisto first, that way I can earn my points there and then I upload the article to my site next. Its a simple trick that benefits you both ways but if you post it to your website first then you have to quote it here on Xisto and not earn anything from it.

Oh I got a laugh at this one. but I have to agree with S_M :P republishing is bad for a SE. they will look and see every site that has whatever republished and published text that you are searching for. when they find it you will have so many hits of pages. it makes it hard for the SE as well as the searcher to find what they are looking for.

I have been trying dozens of articles non work well, its all for the gurus. They just want to earn a little extra more. pay to click read to earn whatever you named it everything is covered and they are just repeating the same thing all over again. Just Google with earn online, and thousand pages will show up don't know which one is reliable, the best thing I would recommend is take up business course or marketing crash course and they will open your eyes how Internet marketing function. And you will be doing the same thing writing articles. The only thing they are after is Traffic, In commerce this is the basic foundation of business. More advertisement more knowledge, more knowledge more sales, more sales for income.