xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Payasam A sweet dish from Kerala India.

Dear friends today I would like to share information about this sweet dish from Kerala, A state of South India. Its a dilicious dish and prepared in many different ways.?Basically this is prepared by either- Simaiya, Rice, Ada, Dal(Cereal) etc.?For tastes cashews, Kismis (Dried grapes), etc are used.?For sweetening Sugar or Jeggary is used. Milk is also one of the main ingredients of this dish.?With milk and Sugar it looks white and with jeggary the colour turns to golden brown.?post-73445-1230809529_thumb.jpeg post-73445-1230809540_thumb.jpegHope you liked the information I will be back with more of such. A very very happy and delicious new year to you all.?

Dear friends today I would like to share information about this sweet dish from Kerala, A state of South India. Its a dilicious dish and prepared in many different ways. 
Basically this is prepared by either- Simaiya, Rice, Ada, Dal(Cereal) etc. 

For tastes cashews, Kismis (Dried grapes), etc are used. 

For sweetening Sugar or Jeggary is used. Milk is also one of the main ingredients of this dish. 

With milk and Sugar it looks white and with jeggary the colour turns to golden brown. 

post-73445-1230809529_thumb.jpeg post-73445-1230809540_thumb.jpeg

Hope you liked the information I will be back with more of such. A very very happy and delicious new year to you all. 

yummy that sounds fan darn tastic

OMG My dad loves Pasayam, but he's from Andhra, Whenever we find an Indian restuarant in Long Island he's the first one to look for it and order it as a dessert. I on the other hand can't stand most Indian desserts except a few, mostly because its so wierdly sweet and bitter at the same time. Is Pasayam sort of made in the same way as unspiced dal, its sort of just yellow dal or dahl, mashed up, and left alone for vegetable sambhar, so its not just a liquid and rice. You guys have a lot of Indian recipes on this site, and when I go to college, I guess I can steal from you guys without bothering my parents for dahl and that good stuff.