xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Windows Xp Activation online actication expires

Its a `runaway` effect. The prices are going up because more and more people are pirating... Yet, the more and more people that pirate, the higher the prices will go...
If everybody stopped using cracks illegally (There ARE some that use them legally, i.e. If you can't activate, even though you've just bought the disk from Microsoft's website), or better yet, stopped making cracks and depending on the manufacturer of the particular operating system to make the activation process `smoother`...

But, no matter what... The cracker would ALWAYS win... There is no point in `stopping` cracking as it will always go on, but make it harder? That would make it almost impossible for the average consumer...

And no, miladinoski, that wouldn't be the `perfect` operating system... As if you want a good operating system, it has to be customizable... It doesn't matter if the customisations are produced by the operating system's manufacturer or by a third party... Having all those features built-in would not allow for customisability...

For me, the best operating system would be one that can ultilise RAM, and CPU efficiently, has a very low footprint... And a VERY small browser... i.e. No fancy GUI, just a refresh, back, forward, stop, and a URL bar... And there would be a separate disk containing different softwares made not only by the manufacturer but also third-party software... It would increase competition to create the fastest, yet good-looking, simple Operating system bundled with the best software packages, and for a very low price...

THAT would be the best operating system, in my mind at the moment...

I want to kick off on a point that you made, about how the cracker always wins.

I fully believe in this. When a company pays MILLIONS to get their new "protection" up, all it does is say "Yo, I bet my money is smarter than you. Let's play!" And what happens? 100% of the time the software ends up cracked.

These companies waste money on protection, and it does them absolutely no good. They should keep that money and just lower the price on the software. The truth is, the cheaper it is, the more people will buy it.

The funniest cracked piece of software I ever saw was something called Softice - I'm sure some of you programmers know what it is. For those of you who don't, it's a very high powered ASM(Assembly Language) debugger.

Well the funny part about it is that it was running $600+ for a license to use it, but you could run it in a 14 day full trial mode. Someone, just to show off, used the trial of the program to debug the program itself and create a key generator for it, and then released it.

I guess the funniest part was that they used the program to crack itself, lol...

But I guarantee if the program wasn't $600+ people would have gladly paid for it. I know tons of programs that cost $5-10 that people shell out for just as donations. You get less per copy, yes, but you make more over time. Not to mention, you save yourself work and you make everyone else happier.

I, for example, will never purchase another Office program. As stated before, the harassment they put you through is just too much, especially when you pay a high dollar figure for the software to begin with. This is what is pushing people(like me) into going more and more into open-source.

The quicker the companies learn this, the happier everyone will be.

(Note : I'm not condoning piracy or anything in this post. The references made are solely as an example, and nothing more.)

All talk about LINUXWindows Xp Activation

I feal to tell everybody, telling, "programs / games for windows do not work in linux" BULL****!

In linux it is a EMAULATOR called WINE who stands for WINDOWS EMULTATOR.

In all new distros, the WINE allso emultate VISTA/XP/W7/W98/W95/W3.1

So, KILL MICROSOFT; Get LINUX ALIVE again!

AND all with OS-10 "OS-X" This os is based on UNIX "LINUX" install with X and all unixbased os-software is fully compatible!

-reply by Datateknikk