xisto Community
gisellebebegirl

My Phone Got Wet? Help?

Okay, so a couple of days ago, we got some severe rain/winds in san diego, (i might be exaggerating) but they were almost hurricane bad, me & my friend Paulina got a horrible time just trying to get out of school due to the wind and severe rain. I had my Orange Verizon Env Phone inside my totebag (which is made of cloth and obviously got the contents inside of it wet, such as the phone, my itouch etc).

The minute i got inside the car, i checked my phone, it was still on, and worked perfectly, when i got home, i rushed and took a shower.. when i got out of the shower, and was drying up, i decided to look at my phone to text my friend, "im naked" hahaha;; but i when i took a sneak peek at the phone it said

"SERVICE REQUIRED" on both the outer & inner screens & my wallpaper & contacts were missing. i ofcourse panicked & thought reset the phone, so i slammed the battery out & turned it on again, same thing.. not even the vcast stuff came up when powering up;;;

THE PHONE ISNT FRIED i know because ive been googling for solutions and most of the phones end up being fried because they wont even turn on;;

has anyone experienced anything like this before?? or know any ways to fix it?? i really need my contacts and information on the phone back.

The best you can do is take the phone apart as much as possible without breaking it (take the battery out, the SIM card, the keypad, everything you can easily take out) and leaving it in a warm, dry spot in your house (perhaps near a radiator or something) to dry out.Also try the SIM card in another phone to see if it works.

most of the time, over here when it says that Service required, it measn that either the SIM card isnt put in properly, or it cant recognise the SIM cardbest option would be to remove the SIM and try, otherwise take it to a mobile tech and ask him what seems to be the problemAlso, just inquisitive, but what happened to the iTouch? :)

I had the same problem, but my phone didn't use a SIM card. But I can still provide a bit of insight.Usually, inside the battery cover, there is a sticker. It will most likely have a wave pattern on it with a white background. If the waves are purple, it means your phone got pretty wet. In this case, you need to do what rvalkass said and just take it apart without damaging it and let it dry. That normally works unless the components were very damaged.The screen saying no service also leads me to believe your SIM card was messed up. You can probably go into the store and just get a new one. If your contacts and everything are stored on the SIM card, try drying it out first to see if you can still use it. If they are on the phone, there is a good chance you lost them if it boots up and says there are no contacts or any other data.I think it is time to make one of those Facebook groups requesting numbers....

The best you can do is take the phone apart as much as possible without breaking it (take the battery out, the SIM card, the keypad, everything you can easily take out) and leaving it in a warm, dry spot in your house (perhaps near a radiator or something) to dry out.
Also try the SIM card in another phone to see if it works.

verizon doesnt use sim cards; they use another sort of technology which is why i need to get the phone to work somehow so i can get my info back o.o;;

Right, they use CDMA. The information is within the phone. The only way to get it back is to get it working, try our suggestions on drying it out for that. Or they might be able to recover it at a Verizon store.If neither works, take my other suggestion and create a Facebook group to get your info back haha.

Sorry about the phone. Drying it out would be a good place to start. I have screwed up more than one phone by getting them wet. I have lived on boats for a number of years here in TX and in San Diego. Back to drying the phone out. Don't put it in the oven. One of my friends did this and really screwed up his phone. I don't think you'll find very many radiators in SD. So maybe just setting the phone on top of the oven(set at a low temp. of course) for an hour or so would help. Another thing I just thought of would be to use rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip and swab around the battery compartment and any other openings on the phone(ear piece jack,indented buttons and keypad). We did this in the space program to clean up circuit boards before flight. So I know it is safe for the electronics. I'm just not sure about all of the other plastic parts on the phone. Good luck.

The best you can do is take the phone apart as much as possible without breaking it (take the battery out, the SIM card, the keypad, everything you can easily take out) and leaving it in a warm, dry spot in your house (perhaps near a radiator or something) to dry out.
Also try the SIM card in another phone to see if it works.

also try a hair dryer set on low. sometimes works too. My ex gf was always dropping her's in the sink or john, and that worked for her.

i placed the on top the directv receiver (which is below the plasma, next to the wii, the cox receiver & dvd player, long story made short, it seemed like the warmest place to place the phone) hahaha.i got an env2 for Christmas// but i will try taking the env to verizon and see if they can widthdraw my information & such back

They should be able to get the information, if the storage device was not permanently damaged. It is possible the phone reset, thus erasing the data. Then you would be out of luck.