xisto Community
y4nzi

Google Chrome - Your Opinion? have you guys tried it?

Hi! I changed to Chrome because it's faster and way more stable in Windows Vista - IE and Firefox crash frequently and Opera crashes all the time, but Chrome is much better and its architecture lets you close a single -crashed- tab and go on working. It's very fast too. What I hate about it are the Most Visited and Recent bookmarks sections when you open a new tab. They may show confidential information you don't want your workmates to see and they can't be configured. The option is to open an incognito window and nothing you do there is recorded or stored in your history.

According to me, Google Chrome was made so google can spy on their users(double e-mail,double AdSense accounts, avoiding their unfair AdSense ban, tricking AdWords, using proxy servers to cheat, talking bad about 'Google' etc.). When you delete the cookies, they get them. They might even get your passwords, the sites you visit at most, how long you stay on those sites(it's like free online survey for them). So that all will end with getting banned, not be able to protect your privacy, and sometime in the future-EVERY TIME YOU TYPE 'I HATE GOOGLE' YOUR PC WILL BURN OUT LOL.This is just a theory.

Its funny the few times I have used google I end up getting trojan alerts either after opening Chrome or closing it. Of course, now time has past and Chrome has lost some of its flash and flavor because of the lack of things such as security and configuration options, of course everyone is waiting for them to add extensions into the browser and so people can start converting the firefox ones to chrome ones.

I've been using Chrome for the last months because it's the only browser that seems to be stable in Vista - at least in my laptop. But SM is right, it's just too light. I miss a good amount of customization options. However, in the end of the day I think it's not so bad. Only... after browsing thru several sites, after some hours it seems to get blocked as if you had no internet connection and I have to close it and re-open it. I wonder if that happens to anybody else.

Google chrome is good that it's minimalistic and that it's using Webkit engine, I can test my pages on Windows without needing to use Safari.. I think it's not bad that it's so minimalistic, if you want something more powerful, get Opera or Firefox if we are talking about Windows, both browsers are good. But personally, I also don't browse with Chrome as I'm very happy with Opera.

As for someone talking about blocking ads with Google chrome, you don't need no addons to block those ads, you can just install Privoxy, use the default settings and use it in Google chrome as a proxy by writing http proxy 127.0.0.1 with port 8118 and you'll never see any ads again. I'm using it for 6 years now, maybe even longer and I never had any problems with ads, unless I want to see them. If you already use a proxy in the network setup on your browser, you can just use Privoxy and in Privoxy you can point to your proxy and it will work like a charm. :D

http://www.privoxy.org/

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

I heared it's good and I've tested it. In my opinion it doesnt really have something that special (only the design) that would make me change my mind and use it instead Firefox Mozilla or Opera. Overall is pretty good. Anyway I heared it's going to be perfected in the near future. I'll wait till than. Cheers!

Chrome is great...!Google Chrome - Your Opinion?

Now why in the world would firefox be a winner - compared to chrome - or any other browser in that matter.

Its render engine attitude is very strange!! I try web sites on chrome, IE 6, 7, 8, Opera, Firefox 3.5, Safari ...The one browser that has the longest load up time is firefox.Wow, What a cyclonic attitude of a render engine for table cells and css!! crab, turns out that you need to deal with your css and table especially for firefox aside from any other browser because is not doing what the other browsers are doing!Why? I have no idea, this is the way it is on many web sites (auto calculated value for cell width and height and div height). It always leaves me with this bizar gaps and freaky table style! it can be only 1 pixel but I think firefox assumes too much when it comes to tables and css

However, I just love chrome, opera and IE 7 & 8. For me, chrome is very light weight and yet get you where you want.It's very fast by the double for javascripts on the page and very secure for using threads for each tab/page in an isolated environmentSomething bugged me though and that was its favorites behaviour as it didn't include something to sort the favorites. But now it has that 'Reorder bt title'

and there are 3 other things:1: not all the plugins by 3rd party programs that extend the browser functionality works with chrome yet. For example the download this video for real player and orbit downloader and this is why I will need to head back for another browser like opera or IE2. The window function in javascript does not return a value after it's closed. For example if I need to get a url from a popup window and then redirect to the new entered page url, I don't get a value in chrome from the closed popup window because different tabs ( or windows ) are not allowed to talk to each other and exchange data while this work in any other browser.It's a security feature but ..! what if 2 tabs really need to talk to each other and exchange simple data not using cookies.3. ElementFromPoint javascript function in IE works but not in google. You will need to find it your self and do the code for a function that is already implemented by microsoft. If a feature does not exist in one browser does not mean I will stop using this feature because it is not in the others!: