xisto Community
encryptedwrath

Clean Sleek Layout

I spent a few days in photoshop producing this design , perfecting a few things and just tweaking. I'd like some critique on it :)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the design is copyrighted in full to me :)

Thanks for the crit , I'll look into it :)

are all your texts supposed to be in bold? they seem to appear that way to me.. a little fat... even for the content text (body of the articles). :) the lime green header is soothing and i like it. :)i agree with jlhaslip that you should look into the margins. some boxes are crowded, like in the sidebar, so hopefully you will make the margins visually uniform later on when you proceed with cutting the template up for your site.btw, you planning to use it as a wordpress theme? will you be releasing the design to the public? :D

Switch to a Sans Serif font for the base font so things won't seem so crowded. The text in the footer on a computer with low gamma would be impossible to read, if one can even notice it in the first place. The categories color could use a darker green (i.e. "Sample Posts," "inverse undoing," etc). The featured posts section, the images could be rotated in perspective, shrunken a bit with a nice reflection under them. Since this is basically a mock-up, i will assume that any text alignment will be fixed when completed (released). On the right side where the boxes with the text on top of them, above each box you can have kind of like a blurred square-shadow, as if the light is shining somewhere below the middle from a distance. Then you can make the text there a bit glossy and center the text. For the banners at the end of each post, you can have it have its own edged box (if you will) like you do with the post titles, where you indent or cut off the box and make it appear like it is behind it. Also, some style or some kind of emphasis may be useful for the author's name. That's pretty much all i have to offer for now.

I'm planning on starting with the HTML/CSS , and then see how I can get to wordpress from there :). But thanks for the comments Serverph , they are very helpful :)

Just remember that not everybody has a monitor with 1400px width, so you might want to look into making that dynamic when you code it, or just reducing the size.The copyright should be white, or a different colour that is not black.I look around and i see like five different colours of green, choose one and stick with it! Is there any noise on the bottom of the gradient below the banner? the green part? it looks like there may be some noise there, if there is, maybe reduce it, but that might be my monitor.If your going to turn this into a blog layout, the position of the text that shows the date, and who posted the post should be moved possible under the title with a small font.On the right column with the gray and white, you should turn the white into a light gray and make sure the bottom box doesnt extend to the very bottom, it makes it look.. incomplete.and yeah just over all change the font.

Its a wall of text in your preview but i will make it long story short.1. Make your layout a fluid layout if you want to maximize your contents. So smaller screen users will not loose any of your content and the layout will shrink accordingly.2. Reduce the usage of text. Your primary objective is to have visitors to read your content but not your links, so make your links to 12pt or slightly bigger.3. Color combination is good but try playing around its tone for other elements like active links, visited links.4. Good choice on opting wordpress for CMS. Wish you all the best in your progress.

I don't like it, the colors seem to clash. You might wanna lighten the green to make it lime. The website is crowded and it could be made better by slimming down the font. Other than that great work