xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Yoga And Pranayama A small discussion on the above topic.

Yoga and pranayama?yoga science was built to bring happiness and peace of mind. Happiness and peace is not just collecting money and material objects. staying healthy depends upon the healthy human body and mind pleasure of a person. If we want to live a healthy life leaving the expensive drug treatment of doctor's then we will have to take shelter in yoga.?It is said that Yoga is the union of soul and God. Pranayama depends on our breath and is the process of leaving. We often treat diseases of the body by the drugs. By the practice of yoga and pranayama we can be free from physical diseases. Practicing Pranayama gives the power to our body, which is proved beneficial for human life.?Today we all understand the importance of yoga and pranayama.?When the body is healthy, the mind is healthy. Healthy body and mind makes a person success in any field.?post-73445-1229671568_thumb.jpegpost-73445-1229671578_thumb.jpegpost-73445-1229671586_thumb.jpegHope you all liked the post.?Please contribute more on this topic.?

Edited by contactskn (see edit history)

Ok, I know the title of this entire sub forum is Yoga, Meditation, Pranayam, and I hate to sound like a dummy, but what the heck is pranayam????? I know what yoga and meditation is, but haven't got a clue as to the other.

but what the heck is pranayam????? I know what yoga and meditation is, but haven't got a clue as to the other.

Pranayama is rhythemic breathing exercise. It is a sanskrit word which means controlling the prana or simply(not exactly) controlling the breath. Pranayama is a very important stem in meditation. It involves exercises like holding the breath for sometime and release it in a rythmic way. It has many benefits but it should be done carefully.

By your explain,pranayama is like QiGong of china(breathing exercise),which is also a breathing mean,and could make people strong .In some fames,someone has QiGong owns supernatural ablility.Have you seen the Kung Fu Panda,just like that panda,hehe.In china,QiGong have many genres,for examples,there have wudang,qingcheng,quanzhen,shaoling...etc.Each one has a venerable fame,many novelists write many many books about it.The famous one is JinYong in Hongkong.He wrote 14 saga novels.

I find Yoga to be invigorating to the people who find slow repetitive movement upbeat. I find doing the same thing over and over, makes me very irritated. It cannot do it for more than 10 minutes, and I need to walk and move around. I just can't take the slow pace, after doing everything fast, it really doesn't follow my own logic so I haven't done it much. Pranayam I do believe to a certain extent. One must take deep breaths to release the lungs and help to expand them. That I know has been proved for everyone, it works in the same idea of living in higher pressure. You need to take more oxygen to expand the lungs and breathe better normally. By taking deeper breaths, you can use the same oxygen for a longer time, helping to stabalize yourself when you do more demanding activity, it also helps when you swim, run, and play. It allows you to lower your heartrate so you don't have to strain yourself as much.

Prana means life force and Yama means control. So pranayam is the control of life force. If you concentrate on your breathing deep enough, you will find that your breath is controlled by a force. So, if you try and control your breath, you will find that you will slowly be able to control that force which is behind the breath. Pranayam has come to mean simply breath control but it is much more than that. Yes, it can be used to reduce the rate of aging and so on, but it's most imporant effect is to take man to a state of awareness where he is able to cognize everything about himself that is true, that is present always and that has always been part of himself. Ever felt a void in yourself or a feeling of hollowness? If so, you would want to start doing pranayama. On the physical level, pranayam has immense benefits, including healing of diseases and such.