xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Baseball Anyone? Okay who will win it all in 2009

Late February that is :PBen Sheets would be great, as the Mets could always use pitching. But I wonder, if they get him, would the put him in the bullpen? I don't think he's been there much before, but I think the Mets could make it work. Maybe work him in like the Yankees did with Joba (but in the opposite way), and hope he does better then Joba did when he changed.Speaking of Joba, he's due in court soon :PNL West will be Dodgers all the way. The Yankees were very stupid in letting go Torre (Who made the '08 Playoffs?) and he is doing very well in Los Angeles. AL East will be up for grabs, as it always is. Now the Red Sox and Yankees have do deal with the Rays, which will make postseason hopes smaller. After all the Yankees, Ray, and Sox could fight over 1st place and the wild card, while some team in the Al Central takes the wild card away on the last day of the season. I really don't think the O's and the Blue Jays will have a chance, but who knows? The Rays were the surprise of '08, maybe there will be another surprise in '09. The Rays were smart and took a few chances on young players, and it paid off for an AL Championship.

Late February that is :P
Ben Sheets would be great, as the Mets could always use pitching. But I wonder, if they get him, would the put him in the bullpen? I don't think he's been there much before, but I think the Mets could make it work. Maybe work him in like the Yankees did with Joba (but in the opposite way), and hope he does better then Joba did when he changed.

Speaking of Joba, he's due in court soon :P

NL West will be Dodgers all the way. The Yankees were very stupid in letting go Torre (Who made the '08 Playoffs?) and he is doing very well in Los Angeles. AL East will be up for grabs, as it always is. Now the Red Sox and Yankees have do deal with the Rays, which will make postseason hopes smaller. After all the Yankees, Ray, and Sox could fight over 1st place and the wild card, while some team in the Al Central takes the wild card away on the last day of the season. I really don't think the O's and the Blue Jays will have a chance, but who knows? The Rays were the surprise of '08, maybe there will be another surprise in '09. The Rays were smart and took a few chances on young players, and it paid off for an AL Championship.

Yes they do have him, and most likely he will be in the pen. But and this is a major league but. We still do need some new starters. I will be willing to go on record by saying he will be given a shot come spring training along with a few others, because it is looking more and more each day that the Mets are not really trying to shore it up like they have the pen. But time will tell I guess. As for Joba? you would think as much money as he makes he would have his own driver. WTG Joba :P

Well the Mets really need him in the bullpen, as they haven't had a good bullpen since the Armondo Benitez (forgive me for the spelling) era. The Mets would always blow the game at the end, and it would really make me mad. :P

Close enough. But they have had a lot better in the pen over the years. But to be honest here. It seems as that every other year it's the pen or the starters that have jokes. year before it was the starters. last year the pen. this year it looks as from that I see, it will be the starters again. I pray I am wrong on this but that is how it seems to me. If Omar Maniez will get off the phone and start to get some really good pitching. Well Can we say Beep for the 3rd year in a row.

Well the Cub's have made a real big move, haha the now have Aron Heilman Frm the Seattle Marriners. Ex NY Met bum at that. I am shocked and hurt that the Cub would make such a move.

The Cubs on Wednesday sent infielder Ronny Cedeno and recently acquired left-hander Garrett Olson to the Mariners for Heilman, who was traded for the second time in six weeks. Now that Heilman appears to have found a home, all that's left to settle is whether he'll be a starter or a reliever. For the record, Heilman, 30, an Indiana native who grew up a Cubs fan and now lives in Chicago, would prefer to start. But either role will do, especially since he'll be playing in his own backyard.

Cubs home page

The Cubs gave up Cedeno and Olson to Seattle in the deal which too much I feel for this washed up bum. He did nothing but Beep when playing for the NY Mets, never really was any good. Why would the Cubs want him is beyond me. I am happy he will finally get a starting role. I just hope it is Vs my Met's. Can we say Rag Arm!

Ye ole days of spring. The Crack of the wooden bat, the smell of freshly cut grass. A hint of pinetar in the air. Batter Up! Wow another great season is about to start. Yes my friend's it should be a great year of baseball. Now the Mets staff is all but a done deal, as most clubs. But what I do find strange is there are so many players that are still on the market. I guess in 5 more years the roll for hall of fame will be a lot bigger. Hence Ken Griffey Jr. Why nobody has picked him up yet I can not understand at all. yes he has been hurt a lot. but still has a good pop in the bat. fairly good speed and glove. I think he would do any club good. Even them Stankee's.

Well I find baseball on television to be very boring. But actually going to a game is alot different its ver exciting so if I had to pick a team it would be the mainers, Even thought they suck sometimes miracles happen. lol

Echo,There are a bunch of free agents that will probably be picked up very close to the season's start. I think he may be one of them, but then again, he is one of the older baseball players around. Some of free agents are asking for a ton of money, and I'm guessing that they will be free agents for the rest of the season. There are a bunch that are asking for reasonable money, yet nobody has signed them. I guess time will tell if they get signed or not.

Echo,There are a bunch of free agents that will probably be picked up very close to the season's start. I think he may be one of them, but then again, he is one of the older baseball players around. Some of free agents are asking for a ton of money, and I'm guessing that they will be free agents for the rest of the season. There are a bunch that are asking for reasonable money, yet nobody has signed them. I guess time will tell if they get signed or not.

your very right willie, there are a lot asking for tons of money. But I feel old are not. Ken Griffey Jr would be a fine welcome to any club AL or NL.

Reason's being

1 his time he has spent playing the game.
He know's how so many pitchers play there game, also of how each field goes when a ground ball is hit and how it will roll.

2. He has kept himself clean over the years. You have not ever heard anything of HGH or of him pulling any BS like some others I will not bring into this.

For these 2 reasons, I do hope someone will pick him up. A season without the old man wouldnt be a season.

Speaking of HGH, Alex Rodriguez has been in the news because he tested positive for HGH in 2003. I think this explains some of his stats, but I still think he was/is a good baseball player. When he was in Seattle, I remember that he was a really good batter, but there wasn't much hype about him. Once the Yankees picked him up (and even before that, since he was one of the few good players that the Rangers had) his "value" went up, and there was a big hype (especially with girls and women) about him. And he wasn't much better in New York then when he was in Seattle and Texas. I just don't get it...

lol A rod A rod :D only thing I can say is this. Lier Lier Pants on Fire. How dare you lie to Barbra Waters lol Spank Spank now go sit in the corner and be a good little Yankee. Why I say that is I know darn well that's all he will get away with is a spank on the wrist.

Yep, I just saw on the news that he admitted now to using HGH. This is a HUGE hit to the Yankees, but not to their wallet! They could probably break the contract, and A Rod will have to quit baseball. He will lose tons of endorsements, and will probably retire soon.

Yep, I just saw on the news that he admitted now to using HGH. This is a HUGE hit to the Yankees, but not to their wallet! They could probably break the contract, and A Rod will have to quit baseball. He will lose tons of endorsements, and will probably retire soon.

LMAO No He is A Rod. Worst thing that could happen to the Yankee Pema Donna is that he will get a tap on the wrist and maybe lose 1 maybe 2 of his many endorsements. Why? He is A Rod.