xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Kfc Not what it once was

I think KFC has really gone down.Before it became KFC(When it was still Kentucky fried chicken),the prices and quantity of the food were excellent. For example,around 1994 you could get a 1 piece snack boxcontaining 1 Chicken breast,stuffed with fries and a small servingof Coleslaw.This came out to about $1.70. If you buy a 2 piece now it costs just under 8 dollars with 2 small pieces ofChicken and a tiny amount of French fries, Inflation hasn't increased that much. And why do they advertise the Tuesday 2 piece with fries as a2 dollar deal?It comes out to $3.15. Somehow I don't think the Colonal would be too pleased.

Edited by networker (see edit history)

I've never really cared all too much for KFC. There's just something not too tasty about those secret herbs and spices. I do like their mashed potatoes, but they are a bit too pricey, I think. I can get the same amount of food at Bojangles for about two dollars less than I can at KFC (and theirs tastes better :)).I am, aside from mashed potatoes, fond of their chicken pot pies too, but they're way too tiny.

I think KFC has really gone down.Before it became KFC(When it was still Kentucky fried chicken),
the prices and quantity of the food were excellent.

For example,around 1994 you could get a 1 piece snack box
containing 1 Chicken breast,stuffed with fries and a small serving
of Coleslaw.This came out to about $1.70.
If you buy a 2 piece now it costs just under 8 dollars with 2 small pieces of
Chicken and a tiny amount of French fries,
Inflation hasn't increased that much.

And why do they advertise the Tuesday 2 piece with fries as a
2 dollar deal?It comes out to $3.15.

Somehow I don't think the Colonal would be too pleased.

I have to agree 100% with you. it has gone way down hill. Used to be so good, grezy and salty. now dry and bland. nothing like it used to be. Thanks to the FDA, They took away the good in foods.

Wait, KFC wasn't always known as "KFC?" I've always called it that,lol.As for me...Unless the downhill happened recently I haven't really noticed the difference.But I don't go there often either. Usually once a month, if that.They do have great lunch meals though, the single-person ones with the chicken, 2-3 sides, and a bisquit. I think it's like $3-4 or somewhere around there.

I agree, we are not getting much value for our dollar. Some people have commented that we are eating baby chicks and not chickens. they will price themselves out of the market like todays  hamburgers and fries  joints. Hint : Have more sales at a reasonable price and stay in business.

-reply by Gary