xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Snow In Texas Snow in Houston Tx, whats next?

Well in weather news this we we has snow as far south as Houston Texas "usa". This got me looking and thinking of how this winter may be. According to what I have seen all around the internet. They say that we here in the north eastern us have a 50 50 chance of having a bad winter. As of Dec 11th and 12th there was a ice storm in the north eastern usa also. With all the talk of the dreeded globle warming and all that mess, in which I think was all made up by Al Gore, and his staff. I would like to know your thought's here. Do you think the winter of 08 09 will be bad or good and why?Myself as I have stated many times here. I feel as all this is just a phase that the planet it going through. We have only been keeping records for 250+ years, so we really do not know of what happend before then. Only bits and peiced of a few reports, and then you have to take some of them with a grain of salt. True, some of the winters have been on the mild side, depending on your location I know. But for me being here in New Jersey, the last 2 winters have been very mild. Last year we had no snow on the ground here where I live. only 1 ice storm. the year before maybe 3 to 5 inches, and that was at almost the end of the winter. So far this year however. We have had snow flurries on Oct 28th and 1/2 inche of snow on Dec 6th. This is telling me that things are getting back to normal so to speak and the winter here in the north eastern US will be a little on the harsh side. So what do you think your winter of 2008 2009 will be like?

Last year the snow in Toronto was really bad.Apparantly it was theworst winter in 35 years. I always try to expect the worst as far as the weather goes.Thatway I'm pleasantly surprised when it's not that bad. It must be pretty bad for all those people in Houston who are unprepared forsnow(i.e no winter clothing).Maybe that's the first step in Houstongetting an Nhl hockey team.lol.

Kolkata is receiving the most warmest winter in 51 years. Right fifty one years later. The lowest temperature is 22 degrees , eight degrees above normal level on the 12th this month. I think global worming is shiwing its wrath on the climate and ecosysytem

I miss the snow... it seems like those places kind of borrowed our snow, and we would like to have it back! I am so tired of just rain or wind - or just completely icy roads and blue sky as right now. When it is winter it should be snow on the ground, white sky and the feeling of winter. The feeling is still there but the snow is missing. How sad. I suppose it is just another thing that shows us the climate changes...I know someone think that winter is December - January - February, but I have always included November too. (Yes, I do know it is December now.) I think next years winter will be shorter, even less snow, it will be warmer, more rain, more wind and less FUN.

For example in my country winters are usually late now, in Europe, near the Baltic sea, and those winters are quite warm, but what do you want? a static weather all the time? the world is changing, so the weather is changing too, I never saw something special about it, if you've lived for over 1000 of years, I think you've would notice some periods of warmer and colder periods..Everyone is talking that it's because global warming, but do you think nothing would change if we would live in middle age style? no factories and etc. and always walk on foot or ride on horses.. Still, sun would shine, the world would move, space would affect it, earthquakes would happen and continents would move, maybe the factories just has speed up the process, but I think it's natural. :)of course it's not so natural when you test a bomb which is equivalent to a earthquake :)

This old (by my standards) planet has seen a lot. How do you think she got such an old ragged face? Like Echo said. We have only been keeping records for a short while. You only have to look at the walls of the grand canyon to notice that their have already been droughts in the past and other catastrophic weather trends and events. My take on this is that we do need to quit poisoning our planet and try to leave some precious resources for our kids.

This old (by my standards) planet has seen a lot. How do you think she got such an old ragged face? Like Echo said. We have only been keeping records for a short while. You only have to look at the walls of the grand canyon to notice that their have already been droughts in the past and other catastrophic weather trends and events.
My take on this is that we do need to quit poisoning our planet and try to leave some precious resources for our kids.

Well Mr I have just 2 words for your post. Thank You. You know though when you and I was growing up all the talk was of a up comming ice age. Now they say that the polar ice cap is getting smaller. yet what they don't tell you is that it is becomming thicker. Could all this be a phase? Could mother earth, as ragged as she may be. Be trying to tell us something?
I think so. Like the older Indian, and I have for got his name. But he way crying seeing how this earth is becomming so messed up.

economically speaking global warming is the worst thing to happen to the us. Environmentally this theory may help, but I doubt it...this theory is similar to the theory that if everyone on the earth jumped at once we could alter the course of earth's orbital, not going to happen. Is it bad that people litter and that there is polution? yes. On a micro scale we can see drastic effects, but the earth has gone through worse. If the big bang still holds we are still on the outward swing of things and having come from dust I would say that the earth is doing pretty good. But to the topic more at hand, I was in Austin when it started snowing and was actually seeing one of my friends off to Italy. I tried to explain to him why it was such a big deal that "the white stuff" was coming down, but for him it was normal...for me however that was only the third time in my life that I have seen snow in Texas. There was a theory proposed that our calendar is actually way off, we kinda knew this all along and this was what the leap year was supposed to fix, but speculation is that the season that was originally spring is now falling earlier and earlier, and now occurs sometime during the "winter" season, and that summer, fall, and winter all follow suit, this could explain some of the hotter days and colder days, as measured in accordance to days past. It does not account for the 120 F temps during the summer and lower temps during the winter, but if the hypothesis of the big bang is really true then these swings should continue as the solar system continues to spread out...but it should all work itself out when the solar system again begins to shrink. regardless of these theories it is cool to see snow here :)

No offense to anyone but I am completely appalled at the lack of basic understanding of the theory of global warming on this board. Hint: The big bang has nothing to do with this.

No offense to anyone but I am completely appalled at the lack of basic understanding of the theory of global warming on this board.
Hint: The big bang has nothing to do with this.

The big bang has nothing to do with this? how so? All that I have stated is that I feel, repete feel. is that this whole globle warming is a hunk of junk, and that it is all just a phase that the earth is going through. Nothing of the big bang theory at all.

^ Well I do not think we can be 100% sure that this is global warming or just a phase - but I think it is better to be on the safe side and at least try to see if those tiny changes we are trying to do will help. Because if this is not just a phase it will have massive affect on this planet. And you have to agree that the weather has changed in the last couple of years, so it is not something we can just pretend does not exist! The problems are there; some countries are too hot and they do not know what to do and the lack of water is ruining their crops. (Correct word? You know, the food on their farms.) While others are struggling with flooding due to too much water.In my opinion it is better to be on the safe side... it is better to bring too much water to football practice, than to bring too little.

^ Well I do not think we can be 100% sure that this is global warming or just a phase - but I think it is better to be on the safe side and at least try to see if those tiny changes we are trying to do will help. Because if this is not just a phase it will have massive affect on this planet. And you have to agree that the weather has changed in the last couple of years, so it is not something we can just pretend does not exist! The problems are there; some countries are too hot and they do not know what to do and the lack of water is ruining their crops. (Correct word? You know, the food on their farms.) While others are struggling with flooding due to too much water.
In my opinion it is better to be on the safe side... it is better to bring too much water to football practice, than to bring too little.

Honestly Bluebear, your right. I still think it is just a phase. but better to be safe than sorry, because you never really know what is what until it happends.