xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Google Chrome Is Out Of Beta

It is official google has its first product that is not in beta form and official release is 1.0.154.36 with the promise of extensions and what not. Of course the speed race between Chrome and firefox 3 is getting crazy with 3.1 beta 2 edging Chrome by a few points in terms of browser engine speed. Hopefully gmail will get out of a beta soon :).

i'm still on 0.2.149.27 Official Build 1583. i guess that is still beta. :) i don't think an automatic upgrade is available for my chrome, when it always shows that "Update server not available (error: 3)" for me.

anybody got a direct download link for the whole thing [complete install only] (and without going through the hoops of partial downloads as before which is kinda irritating for a dialup user :))??? please? :D

anybody got a direct download link for the whole thing [complete install only] (and without going through the hoops of partial downloads as before which is kinda irritating for a dialup user :))??? please? :D

That annoys me too...Whot will wait that much time to install any software? I tried Chrome when first google released it. I didn't like it and uninstalled it after 1 day. And never tried it again..because online installation is one of the annoying things..and definitely thats a minus for Chrome. I will try Chrome again only if Google release full installer package for Chrome...beta or alpha doesn't matter for me... :)

I have tried Google Chrome too, but I uninstalled it very quickly. It's much faster then Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, but for me it has 1 giant minus. Lack of plugin support. I've got used to having an email notifier, mouse gestures and bookmark synchronization. Even if it were only one of those plugins I wouldn't change... Maybe Google can adapt their browser to receive Firefox's plugin or at least make similar plugins. I will take Google Chrome in consideration once it has plugin support.And I agree xpress... online installation really sucks. Just like with Yahoo! Messenger - at least there if you know where to look you can save the installation package. Google should drop that fast!

Still no GNU/Linux support.
Next please.

I read it on Chromium Google group that it is written in C++ ATL. But there is chance that it will be ported to Linux and Apple soon. Maybe version 2 will be available for Linux and Apple. Oh that means it will be version 1 for those OS's :)

I read it on Chromium Google group that it is written in C++ ATL. But there is chance that it will be ported to Linux and Apple soon. Maybe version 2 will be available for Linux and Apple. Oh that means it will be version 1 for those OS's

W00T thanks for the info dude, I'll be glad to try it when it comes out, I don't think I'll give up from my beloved Opera but time will show :) :) Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)