xisto Community
ledabomber

Yet Again....more Proof That The World May End In 2012.... The world is going to end in 2012. There is real proof.

Is the world going to end in 2012?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, you can has my stuff, but just this one time.

:D

The sad thing is that there are people capitalizing on this, selling things like underground bunkers that will save people from whatever happens.

I'd at least somewhat believe 12/21, if there were proof that something would happen, and what would happen. Just saying "the Mayans quit making a calendar" doesn't really mean anything. Plenty of people stop doing things for plenty of different reasons.

I always thought this was a load of crap. There are so many things wrong just with the Mayan calendar theory. I'll just list a few I can think of. First off the Mayans have to stop somewhere when writing their calendar. Do you think they are going to write for ever? There was no point in continuing the calendar even as far as they did. Another thing that is wrong, which was pointed out above, was the fact that they didn't have time zones in Mayan civilization so how would they now it was going to end December 2012 at 11:11 GMT?
These are just some of the things that don't make sence but there are more. I'm not saying it is impossible that the world will end then because the world has to end sometime but how could any one predict that.

Very good, they didn't have time zones. They might have, however, created the calendar in that time zone. Regardless, many people fail to see the FACTS. You can say this is real all you want. But here are some outlines, since the date is coming up Friday.

1) Numbers go on for an infinite amount. Meaning that you could reach infinity, but then add one. Then add one again. They never stop. Same with the "Long Count" Mayan Calendar. The Long Count calendar DOES end its 13 katuns or baktuns, in December IT IS BELIEVED. Though, nobody knows exactly when it was created, meaning we could have already passed that point. BUT the Mayans had lengths of time measuring even longer than 1 baktun. Meaning? Meaning that the Long Count Calendar actually doesnt end! It is only the end of 13 baktuns or whatever, but really, we're in the middle of another long count! So the theory that the Mayans predicted the end of the world, however intelligent they were, is most likely not true.

2) A "Web Bot" is only an internet resource. How did it "predict" all these dates? Simply from taking these topics from discussions. People have been obsessing over the end of the world for a long time, so naturally, a web bot would put that in.

3) The world will not experience a polar shift, nor will the lining up of the solar system with the galaxy plane cause anything. Our sun passing through the galaxy plane twice a year. And it takes 700-1400 years or so for the winter solstice to leave the galaxy plane. The sun will only shift 0.1 of shift over every year, which is not that much considering our sun is 0.5 shifts large. This happens every 26,000 years and will continue to happen.

4) I personally believe that if it were the end of the world, we would see it happening already, and we would have seen it happening all year. Something as large as Earth won't be gone in a single day. It's just stupid to think that.

May 18th !861 i do believe. 10 feet of flooding. Many dead im not sure what is true and what isn't its not something anyone can stop so why worry we are suppose to have 20 feet of flooding.In 1861 it rained for 40 days yet again not sure how true any of this is i also heard all the planets and stuff will align last time that happened the dinosaurs all died