xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Since Trap17 Is Being Upgrade I Suggest Some Forum Changes

Since Xisto is in the process of getting updated I would think it would be time to update the forums themselves and I want to start off with deleting some forums that are pretty much useless both SEO wise and MyCent wise.FREE WEB HOSTING REQUESTS Forum should go because everything is being done on the billing website this is a useless and dead forum and people won't have to worry about people getting their email addresses. Also since it has no connection to SEO and credit and post counts I think removing this forum safely will prevent any loss that might occur.Xisto dot NET Forum (Archive) - needs to go by now everyone move to Qupis and the domain is in limbo as well and so it is just wasting space.Sad to say but the The Army System Forum needs to go, as the army system hasn't been on this forum for 3 years now and if you don't know ipbgaming.com then you know now.Now for some moving around.Move the Support and Feedback Forum to the Xisto Network along with the Hosted members forum and then move the Xisto Network Forum group up top.Also put the following forums in the Xisto Network GroupHealth and Fitness (WellnessPostive.com) Trapinion - Your Voice! Your Review! Business Forum - Beta (LiveBusinessTalk.com) Put the General Talk Forum into the Real World Forum group and might as well Drop the Vent and Counseling, Advice, Support forums in Real World Forum group as wellI think it time to sub categorize the tutorial forum as well and that way people will be able to find and comment on tutorials better as well.Those are my suggestions and if anyone else has any including the ones I mention them here.

I partly agree. I think that the IPB gaming forum should stay as it is apart of Xisto, and maybe, just maybe it will get an upgrade in the upcoming months. Another thing is that the Xisto.net achive does indeed need to go, as it really isn't needed anymore. So yeah I agree with you on everything, besides the IPBgaming forum.

Advice, Support forums in Real World Forum group as well

I don't understand why that have to be done? I mean Advice/support should be separate than that.

I think it time to sub categorize the tutorial forum as well and that way people will be able to find and comment on tutorials better as well.

+1 I agree. Tutorials section do need sub categories. and if anyone have any knowledge about how to host Ruby on rails project on CH or Trap please do write tutorial for that.

Move the Support and Feedback Forum to the Xisto Network along with the Hosted members forum and then move the Xisto Network Forum group up top.

So far many members came up with good solutions and threads regarding the problems/issues and other stuff, that can be helpful for the Xisto - Support knowledge base as well.

I agree with one thing free web hosting forum should go, or at least changed. when i saw my email on view to all i wasn't all too pleased i must admit, i wanted to go in and edit it out and i expect to get spammed like nobody's business now. emails should be private, only for the trusted few to see like admins and such. i hope somebody will look at that really. :)

Nice work there Michael. And very nice work OpaQue and Buffalo for the forum and skin upgrades. :) But now we should get more active members. :)

I have a small suggestion: Why not add a + sign to the HOSTED members group? So it'd be: +HOSTED and hosted members would have the following on their names, for example: +Saint_Michael. How about that idea anyway? :D

EDIT:

<span style="color: Red; font-weight: bold;">+</span>
Notice from truefusion:
No need to sign your posts off with your forum name. Not only is your forum name attached to all posts automatically, the new forum skin emphasizes such a thing.
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Nice work there Michael. And very nice work OpaQue and Buffalo for the forum and skin upgrades. :) But now we should get more active members. :)

I have a small suggestion: Why not add a + sign to the HOSTED members group? So it'd be: +HOSTED and hosted members would have the following on their names, for example: +Saint_Michael. How about that idea anyway? :P

-Sky

EDIT:

I love that. That's what IPS does to signfy which clients have purchased their software, and which have not. Kind of makes you feel like you are above some members a little :D

I have a small suggestion: Why not add a + sign to the HOSTED members group? So it'd be: +HOSTED and hosted members would have the following on their names, for example: +Saint_Michael. How about that idea anyway? :D

-Sky

EDIT:

I was pretty sure that OpaQue wanted to remove the hosted members group all together. Since everything is going over to myCents there really is no fine line between hosted and non-hosted members. For example, what if a member used his myCents to buy a domain only? I think the only information displayed next to each member that has anything to do with your hosting is that member's myCents.

Then just put a +Members group too. :D However yeah but it is a nice suggestion anyway. :)I suppose now with myCents things are gonna change from like "FREE" hosting to "Paid" hosting via using myCents. :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of that damn answers.com thing, since it's been introduced its been driving me crazy, everytime I double click to select it appears. I hate it with every morsel of my beingmake it stop...make it stop...please... make it stop :'(

This is just a personal gripe... but could we bring back New Posts/New Topics at the bottom of each page like it was before?More categories would be nice too... I find myself putting a lot of things under General Talk, but then again, we'll have to identify them as they come along.

Suggestion :

I think this new theme lacks the links to "Recent Threads" and "Recent Topics". SO it needs to be updated soon. This theme looks good and loads fast as well, but lacks some navigational features. :)

As for the sub-categories of the Tutorial Forum, simply add tags to suit the individual Tutorial.Add a CSS tag or an HTML tag according to the nature of the Tutorial... then the Tutorials will be "tagged" and searchable on the Tags.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of that damn answers.com thing, since it's been introduced its been driving me crazy, everytime I double click to select it appears. I hate it with every morsel of my being
make it stop...
make it stop...
please... make it stop :'(

I second this. I never liked them either; they always provided extra load that was unnecessary. Actually, i'll do myself a favor and tell Opera not to load anything from answers.com.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of that damn answers.com thing, since it's been introduced its been driving me crazy, everytime I double click to select it appears. I hate it with every morsel of my being
make it stop...
make it stop...
please... make it stop :'(

I don't get why people are complaining about this... Why are you double clicking the webpage anyway? There should be no reason for you to double click something on the webpage. I actually think the answers thing is great for people who may not be as fluent in english so they can double click on words they are not familiar with. I however, have found something way more annoying than the answers.com thing. It's that god damn ContentLink. It ads links to words to random websites and if god forbid i hover over it for a moment a massively annoying div layer blocks most of the post. I understand that OpaQue needs to make money somehow to pay for this hosting, but can the ContentLink only show up on the LoFi version or something? It is driving me insane.

This is just a personal gripe... but could we bring back New Posts/New Topics at the bottom of each page like it was before?
More categories would be nice too...

Yes, please bring this back, I used to use this list all the time and now I feel a bit lost without it.