xisto Community
mrdee

Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

Screen goes black in Fullscreen Video:One solution, along with disable the hardware acceleration, is to reduce the screen resolution.My default resolution for a 24" Sceptre LCD monitor with onboard ATI Radeon HD 4200 grahpics is 1920 x 1200.However, reducing resolution to 1440 x 900 solves the problem, although I feel that it is an unacceptable solution.I may contact ATI, because there could be an overlay problem, or something, especially for ATI 4XXX graphics.Any other ideas out there?!?

try to use the latest driver and see the result . there is a new release of ati catalist which has fixed lots of bugs. i haven't seen the detailed change log but i think these problems are fixed. have you tested other softwares for playing movies ?there are some modified drivers for onboard graphic cards which you can test too. i have one ati radeon 4850 and till 2 months ago i was having the same problem but when i updated my driver there was no problem playing hd movies in full screen.

I have the same problem. I think it's related to the recent java update. I had set my java not to be updated automatically so when I recently updated it the problem occurred. I do not know how to fix it but I found a way around it. I noticed that when you click on the "pop out" button at the bottom right corner of the video and then put it to full screen the problem is gone. It works like 90% of the cases 'cause sometimes I still get it but after a page refresh it's gone again.I hope someone's gonna find a real solution because it's a bit annoying to pop it out every time.

It seems to have fixed my problem too. Lately (like, 4 or 5 days ago), my computer started to randomly freeze when I watched any video played with flash. I thought this was a problem due to Mozilla Seamonkey clogging my physical memory or something, but turns out that Firefox does it too. Often I experience stuttering while browsing (scrolling up and down), also when opening a new tab and loading a site. When the freeze happens, the sound keeps going, but my mouse is stuck and all I can do is hard rebooting. System log doesn't show anything.Unfortunately, I think disabling hardware acceleration in flash is just a workaround for a bigger problem, which could be either graphics card related, CPU, MotherBoard or even RAM related.I've been suspecting my nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB to have a memory failure or something, as when I play games and having videos loading in the background, the probability to crash is higher. Of course, when it happens, it's BSOD and sudden reboot.As a side note, I used to experience weird freezes while playing Team Fortress 2, and after a few seconds, game unfreezes but all my textures get scrambled, as if the memory index got screwed up. My CPU temperature is often around 50?c, my GPU can also reach 75?c when playing games like TF2 and such. But I doubt it's overheating.The problems happened while I had updated to the latest video drivers from nVidia. I thought about updating the video BIOS but couldn't find any newer version. I'm tempted to downgrade my drivers but I doubt this will solve anything.I'm running WinXP SP3, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.41Ghz, 2Gb Ram (Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C5DHX), GeForce 8800GT 512MB.I'm not hoping for anything. This is the second graphics card I have on this computer, and I've had more or less similar problems with my previous geforce 8800GTS. Talk about expensive devices. :/