xisto Community
mrdee

Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

Been looking at this issue here and there, it is not specific to windows 7 or a particular video card, I have XP and a 4830, the common thread of the complaint seems to be 4xxx series ati cards, maybe others.

-reply by staxontoplyon

Worked for me aswell!Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

Worked for me as well!Could it be videodriver related?I installed Win 7 a few days ago and everything worked fine (no freezes) . Yesterday my system (for some reason) broke down and I had to reinsall Win 7. This time though video freezes when watching (flash) video in full screen mode.The only difference (not counting Skype and Filezilla) between these to installs is that I had to reinstall my videodriver the second time  (windows said it didn't install properly at first). Could it be that my driver is somewhat broken?

-reply by Flash

Man I have been haunted by this for months and couldn't figure out the issue. Thank you a lot, the disabling of hardware acceleration worked perfectly.

-reply by Craddle

Online Films Freeze In Full Screen ModeOnline Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

Replying to mrdeeMine has been doing the same thing recently. It will play ok in small screen but when I go to full screen I need to click to start the movie. It needs to be manually switched to each chapter in full screen mode to play. It will also tend to stop and play like a jerking motion and also buffer. Does anyone know how this can be corrected?

-question by Thomas

Disabling of hardware acceleration didnOnline Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

I tried the  disabling of hardware but nothing happened. This situation has only been going on for only about 2 weeks. There are a few movies that have played since before disabeling of hardware but this hasn't corrected anything. What else can I do? I have reinstalled flash player also.

-question by Thomas

My issue is similar but little severeOnline Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

My issue is similar but little severe. I have a dell studio with Core i7 processor and windows 7 OS. I have 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 for video. After watching any online video in full screen for few mins the screen becomes blank and unresponsive. Everytime I have to do a hard reboot to come out of this.What is the actual cause of this problem. Is this because of flash player or window 7 or ATI Radeon or combination of all?I havent tried disabling hardware acceleration but I heard this downgrade the video quality.Please post if a solution is found for this.

-reply by satya_pk

I have the similar issue but more severeOnline Films Freeze In Full Screen ModeReplying to (G)ThomasI have the similar issue but more severe. I have a dell studio with Core i7 processor and windows 7 OS. I have 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 for video. After watching any video online in full screen for few mins the screen becomes black and unresponsive. I have to do a hard reboot to come out of this.What is the actual cause of this problem. Is this because of flash player or window 7 or ATI Radeon or combination of all?I havent tried disabling hardware acceleration but I heard this downgrade the video quality.Please post if a solution is found for this.

thanks for solution also, had the same problem with a new pc top end spec, disabling hadware accelartion in flash options worked perfectly!

Without Disabling Hardware Accelaration?

Yeah ok, but WHAT IF I don't want to disable the video acceleration!?

After turning it off the video quality decreases  dramatically and well..It sucks!

I'm running windows 7 64Bit with an ATI 5770 and an i5 CPU. I've reinstalled flash player and the ati catalyst drivers but still nothing!

...And I remember this happening to me again since like..2007! *** are the programmers up there in Adobe doing all this time?!

-reply by George

I have the similar issue but more severe

Replying to (G)Thomas I have the similar issue but more severe. I have a dell studio with Core i7 processor and windows 7 OS. I have 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 for video. After watching any video online in full screen for few mins the screen becomes black and unresponsive. I have to do a hard reboot to come out of this. What is the actual cause of this problem. Is this because of flash player or window 7 or ATI Radeon or combination of all? I havent tried disabling hardware acceleration but I heard this downgrade the video quality. Please post if a solution is found for this.

Try to install the latest updates for your OS, newest video card drivers, full pack of codecs.

hope that helps

streaming video freezes up, starts and stops.Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

I have read all these fixes, and I still have this problem on 2 different browsers Explorer & Firefox.

Have deleted flash, explorer, firefox, and reloaded, disabled all backgroung running programs, scaned for viruses, malware, adds, reg, and nothing I do seems to fix problem.

Win XP/ Dell 2400, Explorer or firefox, tried deselecting "hardware decel"- nothing, opened new window - nothing, cannot download it for same problems occures,  Please help me.

Sincerely, 

Norman

This worked for me!Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

Hi there, I just wanted to say thanks for the tip about disabling the hardware acceleration, it work like a charm and now NONE of the streaming videos freeze ever! I was struggling with this problem for about a year (all because I'm too lazy to figure out why it was happening). Thanks again! :D

-reply by HappyCustomer

forgot to mention...Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

I realise that most of you may have tried this but as said before by others, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your video/graphics card regardless of whether it's on-board (built into the motherboard) or an expansion card. Make sure you have any updates related to the mentioned video/graphics card, update flash player AND shockwave player - I'm not 100% shockwave is a problem here but it is part of the flash family group so it can only help to be overkill about updates, disable Hardware Acceleration by right-clicking on the video your trying to watch, go to settings and uncheck the tick box, if it still freezes restart your browser, if after a restart it still freezes then I'm afraid I cant help past that. Good luck! :)

-reply by HappyCustomer

Fixed!Online Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

Disabling the hardware accelleration worked for me too.  Perhaps this problem is specific to Radeons?  I am using a Radeon 4350.

disabling hardware acceleration - not a solutionOnline Films Freeze In Full Screen Mode

disabling hardware acceleration is not a solution because it downgrades the video quality a LOT! like without HD :/ 

I have same problem  (2,79GHz 3core AMD, 3,25GB RAM, Radeon HD 4800, XP SP3 & Adobe 10,0,45,2 installed).

-reply by x-man