xisto Community
contactskn

Entirely Different Type Of A Meditation. Reading your pulse rate.

Dear friends, I am interested in the field of meditation since last many years. I came across many ways to meditate. May it be pranayama, or chanting a word or two etc. But recently I came across this entirely different type of meditation that is meditate by reading your pulse rate. That is to say just like your doctor does when you are sick. The procedure goes like this:-Sit straight on any flat surface.keep your palms facing towards the sky.?then hold the left wrist just like your doctor does while reading your pulse.?post-73445-1227956019_thumb.jpegand concentrate on the pulse.?It really works. But the place were it is to be done should be peaceful one.?One more thing don’t ever press the vain very hard otherwise it will cause uneasiness to you and this procedure should not be done for a long that is don’t exceed it for more than 2 minutes in the beginning.?Hope you like this method of meditation too.?

Edited by contactskn (see edit history)

I know one very similar so I thought I could right this here:sit properly on a comfortable surface (not too soft)concentrate to feel your own pulse without touching any vainswhen you feel/hear the pulse (usually you hear it behind your ears and feel on the chest) count with the rythm of your pulse: one-two one-two-three-four one-two one-two one-two-three-four one-two one-two one-two-three-four and so on.in the first "one-two" breathe inthen hold your breathe during "one-two-three-four"then breathe out during the next "one-two"then breathe in again during another "one-two"then start holding your breathe again during one two three and four and breathe out andthen in again and so on as long as you want.

This meditation is quite peaceful and I liked it. Feeling own pulses is too rhythemic. Meditation soothes the soul and helps confront the external pressure which we face in our daily life. Thanks for this valuable technique.