xisto Community
Ruben

Trap 17 Domain

I have a domain with Xisto - Web Hosting that I've been paying for long before mycents, but now that I've got myCent's going into my account, I guess I'll have them pay for it. It works great! I have plenty of control of what I can do with it, and after having it for 3 years I have yet to see it go down.

Yes...I've bought one recently with myCents. It took 3 days to accept my order. Finally I got my domain. This is my first Top Level Domain. I am very happy with myCents and Xisto - Web Hosting. :)

I'm well in to the process of planning out a complete move of my domains to Xisto - Web Hosting. At the moment I have all of my domains over at NameCheap, but the fact that I have to pay about the same amount Xisto - Web Hosting is charging plus the fact that I can't post to earn that cash over there means it's high on my to-do list.The only quibble I have is that Xisto - Web Hosting doesn't allow registration/transfer of .co.uk domains, but I guess that's a location issue more than anything else. Ah well, it doesn't take much to find an equivalent .com to replace them with. :)Anyway, the only problem I have at the moment is getting enough myCENTs together to get both the domain transfer and the year's hosting for it (it's cheaper in the long run, and I don't see me going away from the hosting here for a good while). It's a bit of a hefty lump sum to have to pay upfront (all in all I'm looking to go for around $80-90 worth of stuff, so eeek), not to mention the fact that I'm taking a dent in the amount in my account every month to keep the hosting I have already going.Still, persistence will pay off in the long run, so given a bit of luck I should have my entire domain name portfolio (with the hosting for it) here at Xisto - Web Hosting by 2009. Whether I can put that many credits together between now and then we'll just have to see. :)

Any one here have a domain for saving your mycents? I'm planning on it, and I want to know what you guys think of it. :)

I have had domains with Xisto - Domains, which is where you will get your domains once you do pay for them with the approrpaite number of Mycents you have. I personally think Xisto - Domains is a great domain registrar because they offer free whois privacy protection on all domains, something some other registrats like godaddy require you to buy and a pay extra per year for.

Support is also fantastic in my opinion as well.

I have had domains with Xisto - Domains, which is where you will get your domains once you do pay for them with the approrpaite number of Mycents you have. I personally think Xisto - Domains is a great domain registrar because they offer free whois privacy protection on all domains, something some other registrats like godaddy require you to buy and a pay extra per year for.
Support is also fantastic in my opinion as well.

Hmmm, I'd never heard of Xisto - Domains, but I suppose the domains we register at Xisto have to be properly registered somewhere! Interesting to see that it's a partner of Xisto - Web Hosting, though. It seems Xisto - Web Hosting has got all of the bases covered these days. :)

I take it Xisto - Domains is part of Xisto, as it's in the list of sites that are part of the Xisto network (same thing, right?) at the top right of the forum (click on the drop down arrow next to 'Xisto').