xisto Community
Aspiration

Invest Five Bucks Into 20k? Is it possible?

So I was searching through the internet when I found a method of making money online. It said like there are 5 email addresses in a list similar to this:

1) email address #1
2) email address #2
3) email address #3
4) email address #4
5) email address #5

It says that you want to pay each of these people a buck (dollar). So each of of these people have received a USD dollar. With me so far? Then you would delete the first email address and move all the email addresses up the list. So email address #2 would be one, email address #3 would be 2, and so on. Then you would place your paypal email address at the bottom, #5. Repost the information onto any 200 blogs / forums / w/e. Then everyone who views this would to it again and again.... Does it work? I would be smart and just do the process w/o paying anyone. Is everyone that "smart" too? Has anyone done this and succeeded?

I heard that this is illegal but Wall Street says it is legal. Would it be classified as a "Pyramid Scheme"? If you don't know what a pyramid scheme is, refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme .

Thanks in advance for looking at this and replying to it.
For your people's information: I am too young to have a paypal account so I can't do this. This is out of curiosity.....

See also the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing

And yes, these scams are generally illegal. The number of memberships needed to completely fill the "pyramid" so thet you eventually get paid is Geometric. I forget the exact number, but it does not take long to have the scam requiring the entire population of the United States (300 plus million) to be involved. And it only takes one broken link to lose your payback.

Scam, Scam, Scam. Stay Away!!!!

By the way, since this Topic does not contain a request to join one of these pyramds and could actually help inform others, I will allow it to remain "open" for educational purposes. The mention of a MLM or pyramid Topic are usually Spammed.

See also the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-level_marketing
And yes, these scams are generally illegal. The number of memberships needed to completely fill the "pyramid" so thet you eventually get paid is Geometric. I forget the exact number, but it does not take long to have the scam requiring the entire population of the United States (300 plus million) to be involved. And it only takes one broken link to lose your payback.

Scam, Scam, Scam. Stay Away!!!!

By the way, since this Topic does not contain a request to join one of these pyramds and could actually help inform others, I will allow it to remain "open" for educational purposes. The mention of a MLM or pyramid Topic are usually Spammed.

Thanks! That is all I needed to know. I can get really curious at points of time. =)

Yeah, the reason that these is illegal is because only the first person, or first couple of people to get in on them are the only ones who will make money. A lot of them end up making quite a bit of cash off it too. Regardless as to if you make $1 or $0, this is definitely a pyramid scheme, and is illegal.The ones that are "legal" are the ones where you say like "I'm not charging you $1, I'm donating the $1 to you to add me to your friend list." Either way, they are really the same thing.

There is somewhat an invented way of earning/making money like this here in Europe, Portugal/Spain/France/et cetera, and it is not much different from this, in theory of course.In this business, you do not need computers, the organization (company) has 10 workers which are also clients to the company, i explain, the wokers must convince, each one, to find and bring to the company, 5 persons, and the five persons, to start work for the company, must pay 25 euros, and you get a percentage of that money from those 5 persons.Now, those 5 persons, are now workers and clients too, and they must also find, each one, 5 persons to get in the business, and so on.This actually works, mainly for the company owner who will get the most higher percentage of each work/client that starts "working" for the company, and i know it works because i made a couple of hundreds of euros in one week only, the thing is that i went work in my profession again, that was in my vacation period.The main requisite for you to be a worker/client for this kind of company business, is that you have a lot of qualities, namely, you must lie and fool convincently like a lawer or a sells person does, plus a lot more requisites you must have, you must have the hability to convince anyone, like a sells person must be to sell is product, and in this case, the worker can not lie, but he can be persuasive and seductive to seduce the new clients for the company.Your topic subject, namely your content to make those 20k, is absurd, i would not even try it, and my advice to you is to get smart.

Ah, pyramid schemes. Got to love the number of emails I get in my inbox about them, not to mention the fact that almost all of them immediately get caught by the spam filter. Poor folks.

Anyway, reminds me of this witty little snippet from The Office: YouTube linky

Got to love it, really. :)

man you gotta love hearing about this so many people get scammed for being idiotsand actually believeing this crap you cant simplyturn 5$ into 20k unless you go out and work .___.

man you gotta love hearing about this so many people get scammed for being idiots
and actually believeing this crap you cant simply
turn 5$ into 20k unless you go out and work .___.

lol that was well said

If any one honestly is making that kind of money legally< I doubt they will spill their secrets and gain competition on purpose... if you want to send 5 people something in hopes to gain anything, just send 5 friends a link to this site