xisto Community
Mjay06

This Place

Now i'm a dedicated Xisto member of some 2? years.My rant is thus:Your forums are WAY WAY too complicated, you spend half hour trying to find where to post only to get there & find out you are not authorised to post anyway.You have people by the bollocks, they have to post & it seems you make it as hard as possible for them to do so.In the world of free hosting Xisto are lacking well behind, you might say 'who cares, its free' but everyone knows decent free hosting leads to paid hosting.I came on here earlier determined to get paid hosting, I had a simple question to ask then my credit card details would have been yours. Could I ask it anywhere? No. Everywhere I went I wasn't authorised, & yes I was logged in. I've never been banned, warned, anything here, so why?Tell me i'm wrong but isnt this forum's sole purpose to get people to upgrade? Why then make it such a *BLEEP*ing miserable place to visit?To finish this, ive got paid hosting where my temporary site is, ?2 a month, unlimited bandwidth, sql databases, email addies etc, you guys need to brush up on your customer service technique, seriously.

I find it perfectly fine the way it is. Maybe your just not seeing it right like the rest of us. You say you cant post in certain areas. If you actually read the forum descriptions it actually tells you if you can or cannot post there. There is reason for that its to reduce spam so post either need to be approved before being displayed.Your comparing Xisto's free hosting to what other hosting? If you know a better one please share a link.

Your forums are WAY WAY too complicated, you spend half hour trying to find where to post only to get there & find out you are not authorised to post anyway.

The only way to really simplify the forums would be to remove certain sections, which doesn't seem like a good idea. However, if you have another idea to simplify the forums then please let us know. Suggestions and advice are always helpful.

You have people by the bollocks, they have to post & it seems you make it as hard as possible for them to do so.
To finish this, ive got paid hosting where my temporary site is, Ł2 a month, unlimited bandwidth, sql databases, email addies etc,

I think you'll find that's how pretty much any recurring service works. You're now in the situation where it is "pay us or your site goes offline and your data is deleted". At least at Xisto you only need to spend a few minutes to post and keep your site online, rather than fork over actual cash.

I came on here earlier determined to get paid hosting, I had a simple question to ask then my credit card details would have been yours. Could I ask it anywhere? No. Everywhere I went I wasn't authorised, & yes I was logged in. I've never been banned, warned, anything here, so why?

I presume you were trying to post in the Xisto - Web Hosting Presales Questions section of the forum then? If you were, and it wouldn't let you post, then please alert OpaQue or BuffaloHELP. That forum should be open to all registered members to post in. If you were trying to post somewhere else, where were you posting?

you guys need to brush up on your customer service technique, seriously.

Who did you ask for help before posting this? If you have problems with customer service then again, please let us know. It is impossible to improve without feedback.

I understand your point and I will upgrade the forum soon and I m desperate myself to give it some good uplift.Keep watching.. I am not stopping! Lots more to come.. and As usual, it will be for the good of all :-)

first, for such a miserable place to visit, you sure have stuck around a while. second, i have never spent 1/2 hour trying to figure out how to post any of my posts. takes me a few sends max.

third, what does this miserable place have to do with customer service? people have always recieved help to there problems around here if people made their problems known.

your problems seem very exagerated to me especially when your having so many extreme ones. if you poll these problems, i suspect not even one percent of the members here feel the same as you do.

so what's your REAL problem?

Tell me i'm wrong but isnt this forum's sole purpose to get people to upgrade? Why then make it such a *BLEEP*ing miserable place to visit?

Hmmm. Well I dont even think I have been here a month yet, But I have never had any troubles finding finding a place to post and as far as I know I have'nt been in any trouble. (Knock on wood) And I have never eally seached for a place to post I just usually come on and go to view new posts and 90% of the time I find something that I would like to add my 2 cents too. Anyway I saw someone say some changes are coming soon and as far as that goes I agree it can only get better. So far I love it here everyone has been extremly friendly whenever I have asked for help someone has always been right there and willing to help. So in my opinion I LOVE TRAP 17 and dont plan on going anywhere soon.

Now i'm a dedicated Xisto member of some 2˝ years.
My rant is thus:

Your forums are WAY WAY too complicated, you spend half hour trying to find where to post only to get there & find out you are not authorised to post anyway.

I understand your point and I will upgrade the forum soon and I m desperate myself to give it some good uplift.
Keep watching.. I am not stopping! Lots more to come.. and As usual, it will be for the good of all :-)

I have to agree to some point with ya. Is a little hard to fine the right place for a post here sometime. The forum has become too big and cluttered.
As for what Opaque says? I can't blame you one "beeping" bit. Can we Say Purge?

i agree that there is a lot of clutter, but i am against any purge. one of the reasons for the credit system is that a lot of these topics get high rankings in the search engines and draw new visitors to the sight. this is probabl a big reason why the board is monitored so closely for on topic posts and no spam. it doesn't benefit trap to purge any topics in my opinion. xisto would lose money due to the fact that most users are coming from google.

now finding topics isn't hard one bit. if one scrolls down to the last 20 posts, there is usually something someone can add to. if not, scroll down to an appropriate discussion group and sub discussion group and post a new post. it really is not that difficult at all. it's organized in a way that you can pretty much find a topic for anything.

now what i personally don't like is the search function. i rarely use it because it's just not any good. but as far as seeing the posts to add to or adding a new topic, wht the heck is people having a problem with?!?!?

i'm curious what opa ws talking about. will be interesting to see some of the changes

I have to agree to some point with ya. Is a little hard to fine the right place for a post here sometime. The forum has become too big and cluttered. As for what Opaque says? I can't blame you one "beeping" bit. Can we Say Purge?

I have struggeled sometimes figuring about where to post HTML, CSS and things like that. It is because I feel they are quite "hidden", so I have probably posted some things in the wrong forum just due to my HATE of not finding the right forum. :) Despite from this even though there are tons of forums and categories, it is too much. Every single person do not post in every single forum or thread, and beeing me I sometimes wonder where I can say something today. You have been here for such a long time so this is something I would rather see new members beeing mad or annoyed with, but at the same time I understand you as it sometimes can be slightly overwhelming.

Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)